“you can do better”

Pepe Delgado's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 303 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pasadena, California
“you can do better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

bumped into this restaurant as we were returning to so. cal. nice looking exterior and interior. friendly service. that was as good as it got. this is the kind of "mexican" food that you'd find in the midwest, or texas. enchilada was more like a chessealada. brutal. carnitas- dry to the bone. menudo-straight out of a can. salsa was terrible. get a mexican chef to put this house in order. show some pride pepe!

• Visited September 2013

Goleta, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Canned chiles”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waitress confirmed my suspicion that their chile rellenos are made with canned chiles. The rest of the food seems OK.

• Visited August 2013
Bradley
“USED to be one of my favorites!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants when we would go to San Luis Obispo but not after today's lunch. I asked for plain nachos (just cheese and chips) and to have the guacamole and sour cream on the side. Our waitress asked if I wanted a full or half order. I told her I wanted a half order and repeated "just chips and cheese". I got a plate of chips with cheese, beans, and the most jalapenos anybody could ever ask for. All I wanted was the chips and cheese with the guacamole and sour cream on the side. I also ordered an a la carte shredded beef taco. I ate one chip from the nachos (after picking off all of the jalapenos) and that one bite was nasty. I took a bite out of my taco and it just didn't taste right so took another bite. The second bite was just the same. My husband ordered a ground beef tostada and took one, maybe two bites and pushed his plate away and said he wasn't going to eat it because it was nasty. A young girl who appeared to be either the manager or hostess asked how everything was and my husband asked her if they have a new cook. She said no. I told her that we came there quite often and we always loved their food but not today. I also told her that I wasn't going to eat the nachos because I asked for chips with melted cheese only and got beans and way too many jalapenos. She just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. REALLY? We let our waitress know that we weren't satisfied with the meal and she apologized. I told her that it wasn't her fault because she didn't cook it. I was absolutely shocked that we were charged full price for what we ordered, what we complained about, and what we didn't eat. We won't go back. I'm so disappointed. That was a complete waste of money and I guess we should have gone to Taco Bell and saved $30. On a positive note, at least their margaritas were decent.

• Visited July 2013
Thank K. B
Littleton, Colorado
“My Favorite Mexican Restaurant in SLO”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Good food, good service, and good atmosphere. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Mexican food.

• Visited March 2013
Flagstaff Arizona
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The tortilla chips and salsa were average but the food was great. Only had Chicken enchilada ala' carte but was well prepared.

Visited July 2013