“always hit this spot up when im in town”

High Street Market & Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Escondido, California
“always hit this spot up when im in town”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a always spot on place to grab a sandwich, always fresh, delicious. Love this place, a must when you are in SLO

Visited November 2012

San Luis Obispo, California
“The Best Deli Ever!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have always read reviews and heard of this place but always ended up thinking about eating it after they closed (5:30 sharp). However the other day I made it a point to go there for lunch and boy was I not disappointed. It was SO good. My husband got the special of the day and I got a Cali and they were to die for. It was honestly one of the best sandwiches I had ever eaten. It left me craving for more once I left. That is how good they were. Not to mention the sandwiches were huge and they used high quality meats/cheeses. I can't wait to go back and try every sandwich on their menu!

• Visited May 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“Best sandwich in SLO”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the best sandwich shop in San Luis Obispo, now I said sandwich shop. For those who know what a real deli is, there are no real delis on the central coast but there are some great sandwich shops and this is the greatest one. One reason is the quality of product and the other is the ability to put the product together. Fast service and friendly staff (tip, order ahead if you want to avoid the line).

• Visited March 2013
Baywood Park, California
“decent deli”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

'craving a pastrami on rye we read the reviews and thought we'd give 'High a try. So...How does a deli run out of rye bread? Pastrami was decent quality - those reviewers that rave about how 'stacked' they are have not been to Langers, Art's, Cantor's...et al. A bit light on the meat - on 'sourdough toast? - eh...The place has a sweet neighborhood vibe - collegiate hangover hangout (heard the neighborhood can be sketchy at night , but have no verification). I'd say it's a bit OVER-rated, but like the concept and will probably support it in the future, but it's not a destination deli for us. The Italian sub at next table looked like a winner - maybe next time. Not a bargain but there is a (secret) "4:20 special" you should investigate and worth the price!

• Visited February 2013
Clovis, California
“Best Sandwich in SLO”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The sandwiches are amazing!! The Cali beef is my favorite! The ambiance is great & the staff is friendly! I go EVERY TIME I'm in the area!!! A++++

• Visited January 2013