“The Best Deli Ever!”

High Street Market & Deli
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have always read reviews and heard of this place but always ended up thinking about eating it after they closed (5:30 sharp). However the other day I made it a point to go there for lunch and boy was I not disappointed. It was SO good. My husband got the special of the day and I got a Cali and they were to die for. It was honestly one of the best sandwiches I had ever eaten. It left me craving for more once I left. That is how good they were. Not to mention the sandwiches were huge and they used high quality meats/cheeses. I can't wait to go back and try every sandwich on their menu!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the best sandwich shop in San Luis Obispo, now I said sandwich shop. For those who know what a real deli is, there are no real delis on the central coast but there are some great sandwich shops and this is the greatest one. One reason is the quality of product and the other is the ability to put the product together. Fast service and friendly staff (tip, order ahead if you want to avoid the line).

Reviewed February 24, 2013

'craving a pastrami on rye we read the reviews and thought we'd give 'High a try. So...How does a deli run out of rye bread? Pastrami was decent quality - those reviewers that rave about how 'stacked' they are have not been to Langers, Art's, Cantor's...et al. A bit light on the meat - on 'sourdough toast? - eh...The place has a sweet neighborhood vibe - collegiate hangover hangout (heard the neighborhood can be sketchy at night , but have no verification). I'd say it's a bit OVER-rated, but like the concept and will probably support it in the future, but it's not a destination deli for us. The Italian sub at next table looked like a winner - maybe next time. Not a bargain but there is a (secret) "4:20 special" you should investigate and worth the price!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The sandwiches are amazing!! The Cali beef is my favorite! The ambiance is great & the staff is friendly! I go EVERY TIME I'm in the area!!! A++++

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Love the sand-o's. They are generous and heathy for the portion. Always fresh, mostly consistent, and simply unbeatable by any sandwich shop in SLO that I know about.

Here's a solid high-five to the team at High Street! Keep working hard, don't get too comfortable, and please don't let the quality drop to crap like a lot of places do.