Vagabond Inn San Luis Obispo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
SLO Brew Lofts(San Luis Obispo)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Courtyard San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
All reviewspool and jacuzzilarge roomstayed one nightralphshairdryerratesironconveniencemission
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

For $72, I got a clean, comfy room, and seeing the hotel wasn't busy, I got a room set back away from the roadway and it was quiet and peaceful....the breakfast here ISNT..... Juice and packaged danishes and muffins are it but an IHOP and Denny's are on either side and a Starbucks, McDonald's and a Ralph's grocery store are directly across the street....all and all......a great value at this price point

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bucketlistgary
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We thought that our room was a little "worn" and could do with some updating and maintenance. Our sink was blocked. The pool area was good. However the pool was too cold - although the hot tub was fine. Breakfast was quite basic and consisted of just pastries, juice and coffee which was laid out in the lobby. There was no seating area as such so had to take it back to our room.

This motel is off the road so no traffic noise. We thought that this motel offered good value and was o.k. for one night. It is also convenient for accessing highway 1.

The receptionist was helpful and gave us some restaurant suggestions.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biggles51
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We initially booked only one night here as we were a little hesitant given some of the reviews, and the great price we booked the room for. The motel is cheap and basic, but if you are just looking for somewhere to out your head down at night then this place is just the ticket. We were impressed with our first night so booked a second night at the same rate. The fridge provided in the room is very large and handy, the TV in our room was flat screen and modern. The towels could do with updating as they are clearly old and well used. Breakfast is very basic in the motel, however there is an IHOP and Denny's on either side of the motel which will honour a 20% discount as a motel guest, just show them your room key. Jabal on the front desk was extremely friendly and welcoming. Would stay here again

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlottie84
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed four nights. The room was very clean. The staff was great. specially Jabal. He was always happy & asking if he could do anything for me or get me anything. The breakfast was just right for me. I am not a big breakfast person. Right across the street from shopping & restaurants. Also had a Denny's on site. Close to the Elks lodge which I took advantage of several times. I had a wonderful stay. Thanks Jabal!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I also wished that the hotel websites had Motel 6 on the top of their lists (they were half the price and I didn't even think of them until I got there) because for $180, that's the quality you get here at Vagabond. We were desperate for a place near Pismo and since those we all $$$$, we tried to take the lesser of the evils, but Vagabond's got little over any other motel. For ~$200, you'd expect at least a full bath set (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, heck, toothbrush and toothpaste!), but no, you get your basic motel-dried-up-half-browned-old-soap and not much else to top it off.
At least the weather at the beaches were good....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple