“Much better than expected and great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South

Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Bakersfield, California, United States
“Much better than expected and great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I must say this hotel was quiet, clean, and overall exceeded my expectations. Staff was friendly. I was able to take my dog which is a Border Collie at no additional charge. Right off of the freeway and close to Target, Old Navy, Petco and just a few minutes from downtown San Luis. Can't beat the price for the quality. Very impressed. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Pristineacc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Balboa Island, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Okay, so expectations for Motel 6 are not super high, but this place is pretty nice. Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Location is right next to places costing a lot more. Nice restaurant within walking distance. This is an expensive neighborhood, so I don't mind paying $67. I travel with my pet; and I appreciate not having to pay an extra $15-25 to have my very clean dog stay with me.

Room Tip: upstairs on the side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Goodness4you
Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked this motel as it had good reviews on trip advisor and was a reasonable price. The room and premises was clean, pool was clean, housekeeping was good. The room is very basic, adequate and clean. There is the bed, night stand, TV, Table with two chairs, and a desk with a chair, closet is part of the bathroom, shower and bath are in a separate room. They give you two towels, handtowels, wash cloth, floor mat, and two small bars of soap. There is no kleenex or tissue, no shampoo, lotion, conditioner, coffee maker or hair dryer. Hair dryers and irons with ironing board is available at the front desk. The motel provides coffee in the morning in the lobby. You have to pay extra for wi-fi and there was plenty of parking. Being a business traveler, I just need basic accomodations, clean and safe. The motel was fine, but for a little more money you can stay at other motels that have coffee in the room, continental breakfast, free wi-fi, etc. And.... the type of clientele is varied, from young families, fine, construction workers, fine, younger folks, partying and yelling in the middle of the night, not so fine. So if you are a woman traveling alone or a man for that matter, professional traveling for business, you may want to go elsewhere

Room Tip: Seems all rooms are fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank deb5biker
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

$85 for a Motel 6?!?! Surely you jest!
Nope, not in this part of the county, and especially not on a huge weekend for wine tasting.
Once you can get past this, you realize this is a good bet: Clean, comfortable, and convenient to the 101.
The hotel claims to be renovated, but I don't see much of a change. This Motel 6 doesn't give you a lot, but the little it gives is fine.
Reference point: The Holiday Inn Express up the road in Paso Robles was $257 for one night. And you can't tell me that hotel is $172 better.
Minor gripe: I needed an iron, and the motel apparently only has two...and I never saw either of them, which left me a little wrinkled. Come on; buy a third iron!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

this is my second stay in a mont, i still haven't been disapointed,

The staff is freindly and outgoing, and the rooms as aiways are cllean!! The property actually is surronded by the foothills and Many tress, you actually feel like your in a state park!

The are close to the freeway, but not close enough to here the freeway noise!!

If you do get a room here, try to get one away from the back of the property, thats is where the big trucks park and you san here their genorators go on and off all the time, but not to bad all in all!!

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the rear of property, this is were the big rigs park and can be a litte...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ACER_PICKLES
Avila Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We live on our sailboat & when the seas get too rough or just need to get on land for a while,
we stay @ M6 .The M6 in SLO (south) Is the Best we have stayed at!We have stayed from the one in San Ysidro & on up. The south SLO M6 even have bathtubs (north does not).
The Staff is very friendly !Tami & Tom(No not Bodett;)always have a smile & make sure our stay here is pleasant.Tami goes beyond what we have got staying @ Hotels 4 times the price of here.
Nice surroundings too .We have a dog & makes for pleasant walks.
If there is a downside here,they only have one ice machine...

Room Tip: Try to get in the "courtyard" The rooms in back is where the semis park & it can be no...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CC R
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

So me and my significant other decided to go to Pismo for the day, then night, and we're only 19 and can't stay in any hotels/motels besides Motel 6. So, we missed the summer rates on Wednesday night (luckily), and I sat in the car while he got the room. He said the staff was friendly. Then we got our room, and I walk in and of course automatically inspect EVERYTHING. I checked the shower and he checked the bed. SPOTLESS! I've heard the rumors about Motel 6 and I was SO IMPRESSED. I would say their bed cover wasn't that warm, but luckily I brought my own blanket. They don't include bath size towels in the rooms, which I didn't know, but we brought beach towels so we were good!! Good TV channels, loved the deadbolt lock (made me feel very safe), the shower got really hot and nice, the wake up call option was nice and for a Motel 6 and what I expected, I am just impressed. When you think somethings gonna be low, and you see it's very normal standard, you're happy about it!! The bed was actually comfy too, but bring your own pillow! I like firm and their's were soft. Also, we brought a very mini sized cooler, for about three sandwiches and a drink size. I asked the receptionist if I could show her the size of it so I can get some ice in it (because big coolers are unfair to take all the ice out of the machine which is understandable, but I didn't need that much at all) and she said it was totally fine and we were welcome to get a little bit to line the bottom. We could hear our side neighbors shower or toilet but no voices which is good because that would've been uncomfortable. For 60$, two people, splitting the bill, this is a nice, hassle free place to stay and I will defiantly be going back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple