Madonna Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
SLO Brew Lofts(San Luis Obispo)
  • Restaurant
Homestead Motel(San Luis Obispo)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Ramada San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
1,728 results
All reviewsrock showercopper cafethemed roomsover the topcaveman roomrock wallsmadonna suitegold rush steakhousechampagne cakedifferent themekona rocksky roomheated toilet seatlove nestbucket listfilet mignonmen's bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2009

my daughter booked this as she had seen that all 120+ rooms were different styles and we stayed in the JUNGLE ROCK room .
San Louis Obispo is great on a thursday night for the farmers market .
hotel has great pool with great views over valley and they were building another next to it when we were there in 2007.
am going back again in 2011

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank terrybaines
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Oh My Goodness these rooms are WAY TO EXPENSIVE for what you get, I would of expected to pay not more then a motel 6. Our bed sheets were sooo dirty (unwashed), our bathroom was used before we got there (gross), the cable is messed up, and you can hear your neighbors the entire time- LOTS OF WIERD NOISES! If you don't have a suite these rooms are nothing special, we expected a lot more for this price. They do have a GREAT POOL AND BAR AREA and to get away from our room that's where we spent the entire day! For $259, $296 with tax if your traveling for a romantic trip or celebrating an occasion with your boyfriend/girlfriend PLEASE stay at a beach front hotel in Pismo Beach or Morro Bay. This place was not romantic at all, I guess it could be fun for a family with young kids but not for the traveling in pairs types.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LiveTheLife22
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stayed for one night while taking our son on a college tour of Cal Poly.

Cleanliness: 5 Stars... The rooms and grounds were very clean. We especially enjoyed the pool/spa. The pool is relatively new and looks great (infinity pool) and perfect temp. We swam until 10 pm under a full moon. Had a great time with our two teenagers.

Service: 3 Stars... Only complaint here is that pool side bar was closed during the week (open only on weekends). However, they did have the restaurant bar deliver drinks, but it took a long time.

Location: 4 Stars... This really depends on why you're staying in the area. For us, the location was fine.

Value: 3 Stars... This really isn't a bargain, but we did get a slight discount on hoteldiscount.com $179. You go here for the experience.

Room: 5 Stars... We were upgraded to the "Tack Room" and really enjoyed the decor and room size (very large) which was nice with two teenagers.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Madonna Inn. My parents took our family by when I was a little boy. We couldn't afford to stay, so it was nice to finally spend the night. I saw a segment about the place on the Travel Channel.

We didn't have reservations for the restaurant, but they fit us in with no wait on a very busy night. You have to see the place to believe it. The food was very good.

You don't go here on a budget. You need to splurge and enjoy yourself. We sure did!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank dvez
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Paid nearly $300 to stay in the Yosemite Rock room for one night. We found it online and thought it was expensive for us but it looked so unique (and it was out anniversary) that we had to splurge. I really wish we had stayed elsewhere in SLO for half or even 1/3 of the price. When you check in you have to initial in several places that if you take a robe it costs X dollars; if you take a pool towel it is X dollars; a room towel is X dollars. If that isn't tacky enough, when you get in the room, there is also a note next to the bathrobes reminding you how much they are and if you really want, you can buy one in the gift shop. They do give you a big bottle of water (FREE!) but there is a sign next to that saying it is complimentary BUT if you want more they can be purchased for X dollars each. You can be sure I drank ALL my free water and did not buy any more. In fact, we made it a point not to spend a dime more than we were for the room. The spa was overpriced ($110 for a 60 min massage; I pay $75 at home) as were food/drinks by the pool (like $10 or more for just a sandwich!) Although the room itself was really cool, the negatives outweigh the positives so we will not return and would not recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrscoviello
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I recently stayed at the Madonna when we were in SLO attending my son's graduation. I had made reservations in December and had a room rate on my internet confirmation - but when the final bill was presented the room rate was $40.00 more per night. I was told I had forfeited the lower rate when I singed the registration upon check in! I am working with AMS to rectify but if I was you I would choose another motel. This is such a blatent rip off. There are lots of nicer hotels in SLO that would not treat you like this.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family