All reviewsmargie's dinersliding glasshot tubrefrigerator and microwavegreat poolmorro bayroom was largewould stay here againclean roomshearst castleflat screencentral coaststayed one nightcookiesrosesluluwaterfall
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Not too big and kinda tricky to get to, but a great value. Had a large room with fridge and microwave. Stayed only one night but would recommend for longer. One side faces highway 101, so recommend asking for room facing away from that if noise bothers you.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
LMartinezRGI, General Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

Dear Paulette B,
Thank you so much for reviewing us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found everything to your liking. As you noted, if you desire one of our quieter rooms, please do not hesitate to reach out to the front desk directly. We are committed to ensuring that guests are comfortable, so we do our best to accommodate guest requests. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at this motel. The room was clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The motel grounds are beautiful with lots of grass and flowers. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
LMartinezRGI, General Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Dear 2TravelOn101,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is always nice to hear from guests who enjoyed their time at the hotel. The location of this hotel makes it the perfect stop while traveling throughout the Central Coast, and the San Luis Obispo area has so much to explore and experience. I have shared your compliments with the staff, who were thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Pease stay with us again.

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

I'm going to tell you about Rose Garden Inn because I care about you having a good time on your trip. It's such an awesome place for the money I feel like it's a secret so don't tell anyone.

Get ready to relax! I've been going here for years. It really is an excellent value for the money. My favorite thing about this gem is the amazing landscaping that surrounds the courtyard. Centered in the courtyard amongst the lush, green well groomed landscape is one of the biggest, deepest pools I've ever enjoyed at a hotel. The hot tub is probably double the size of an average hot tub and has a large beautiful waterfall behind it.

I could probably write a 10 page review citing stories of our 100% positive experiences here. Because I'm sure you've got better things to do I'll just hit on some major points...

Excellent service
Accommodating staff
Always clean rooms
Consistent experience
Legitimately dog friendly!
Coffee, snacks and large tea selection always available in the lobby (the good stuff)
Beautiful Red Roses
Quality Linens
Great location (7 min beach south or 5 min to downtown SLO north)
Nice beds!
Abundant parking near your room
Sliding patio door! You get your own balcony or patio.
2 minutes from Grocery, pharmacy, Target, Gas, convenient store, Sporting Goods
Refrigerator and microwave
30 second walk to Margie's Diner

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family

Dear Chad M,
Wow! What a kind review! It is our top priority that guests feel comfortable and welcome throughout their stay, so I am just thrilled to hear that you have had such positive experiences with us. Our groundskeeper does such an amazing job keeping up the gardens and outdoor spaces, I will be sure to pass along your review to him. I agree that the pool and hot tub are a great way to unwind after a long day. We are always looking to further improve the guest experience, so we greatly appreciate this feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

This motel is quiet, clean, has an amazing pool/Jacuzzi area, and incredible, friendly staff. The local PD stays visible in the area which seems to keep this motel feeling extremely safe. We will definitely be back again!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family

Dear Brooks G,
Thank you for offering this feedback. It always makes my day to hear from a guest who thoroughly enjoyed their stay. The location of this hotel is great when traveling throughout California, and the pool and spa area seem to be some of our most popular features! The staff makes this hotel such a special place to work and visit, and everyone was glad to hear your compliments. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

The Rose Garden Inn is a great alternative to travelers searching for a budget motel.
If you are just looking for a nice place to rest for a night or two and do not require to be pampered, this is the place for you. The rooms are clean and the amenities are comparable to most mid-priced lodgings. The motel offers a very limited continental breakfast on site, but adjoining the property is a cafe which serves up traditional breakfast fare with portions that a lumberjack would appreciate. The property lives up to its name surrounded by rosebushes which were all in bloom and well tended by a full-time gardener. According to its website, this motel also has a spa with waterfalls and its rooms were recently remodeled.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family

Dear larryb785,
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I am glad that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed what this hotel has to offer. Although San Luis Obispo continues to get more and more popular, we are committed to offering comfortable accommodations at affordable rates. I am thrilled that you got to enjoy the roses on the property! I shared your review with the groundskeeper and he appreciated your compliments. Please stay with us again.