“One confortable night”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Sao Paulo, SP
“One confortable night”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel was extermamente enough for an overnight stay, clean, comfortable with good sized rooms! We were greeted by Mary, who was very kind, guided us in everything we do question, helped us book a Japanese restaurant, suggested by her and it was amazing ... What was missing in the hotel was the breakfast that we had to go take in a cafeteria next door, with a not very receptive staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank tereca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Burlingame, California
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here just one night to attend my son's gymnastics meet. This is an older hotel that has been updated, but still shows signs of wear, e.g. rust in the sink. Our room was a good size with an older TV (bad reception), a refrigerator and microwave. I found it difficult to get a good night sleep even though the beds for comfy due to the noisy refrigerator and single pain sliding glass door which allowed plenty of roadway noise. I had to unplug the refrig. in the middle of the night. On the plus side, they have this very large spa pool with strong jets. The pool was not heated, so didn't try that. The hotel is located away from the main part of town so we had to drive to get to a decent restaurant. The restaurant next to the hotel (Margie's Diner) didn't have an interesting menu and was pricey although we ended up having breakfast there (huge portions). I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Twinmommie
Daniel I, General Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your comments about our spa and our very comfortable beds were extremely thoughtful. Sorry to hear the frige kept you awake. Our maintenance staff has already adjusted this and it will not happen again.
Daniel Ibarra
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

i had a premium queen room with 2 queen beds. the room was very clean and VERY large. i shared the room with 2 of my sisters and we had plenty of room to put all our stuff and then some.

the location is perfect. we didn't try out the hot tub or pool cuz it was so cold out but i'd recommend that, too. it looked really nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary C
Los Osos, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I needed a comfortable, clean & quiet place to stay, while i explored my options. I was glad i chose the Rose Garden Inn. The desk and housekeeping staff are helpful and responsive - they really made me feel at home. and the jacuzzi is fabulous. A great place to rest and relax. I had a view down the valley with horses - couldn't be more Centtral Coast. The rooms open to the hall and to the outside, so you always have fresh air. I highly recommend the Rose Garden Inn, whether you're here for work or for pleasure.
Diane Conn

Room Tip: I liked the Calle Joaquin side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Diane C
Dear Diane,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel. We are so excited that we have done a good job for you, and you relax and enjoy your time when you are staying here. Regarding your view of the horses.... now is the best time to come. In the spring, most of the horses across the street have babies and they are so fun to watch. Our guests often comment on how beautiful a site it is for them to see.
Thanks again for your review!
Daniel Ibarra
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked this hotel as a last minute road trip stop for the night. When a hotel rate is listed at $65 in the hotel chain industry you can definitely be worried and almost expect to come out with your skin itching or bed bugs. Luckily, I took a chance on the Rose Garden Inn as it seemed more mom and pop owned and I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

My boyfriend and I checked in around 9pm and the woman at the front desk was pleasant. Our room was on the ground floor with a King bed and was very spacious. When I opened the door I held my breath a bit hoping it wasn't like some of the reviews I read earlier that day and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was equipped with a coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave. I didn't go to the pool so no thoughts there.

My only gripe is my bathroom was on the older side in a upgraded room. The bathroom top was that old brown looking laminate and the shower head was very aged.

For the most part, the hotel price was not bad for the amenities and service we received. I would stay here again if I went back up by SLO again.

Room Tip: Request one of the newly upgraded rooms. toward the back of the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family about 10 years ago, give or take and my memories of it are far from what it is today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has had some updates, mainly the carpet, furniture, and most importantly mattress! The mattress was very comfortable, and the pillows were the best I have slept on in a long time.

The pool has been updated as well, and there is now a large jacuzzi with a volcano/waterfall. It is very pretty, and so relaxing. I felt like I was on a vacation!

All of the staff was very friendly, and the rooms were clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business