“2nd Home”
Review of Rose Garden Inn

Rose Garden Inn
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I needed a comfortable, clean & quiet place to stay, while i explored my options. I was glad i chose the Rose Garden Inn. The desk and housekeeping staff are helpful and responsive - they really made me feel at home. and the jacuzzi is fabulous. A great place to rest and relax. I had a view down the valley with horses - couldn't be more Centtral Coast. The rooms open to the hall and to the outside, so you always have fresh air. I highly recommend the Rose Garden Inn, whether you're here for work or for pleasure.
Diane Conn

Room Tip: I liked the Calle Joaquin side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diane C
Daniel I, General Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Diane,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel. We are so excited that we have done a good job for you, and you relax and enjoy your time when you are staying here. Regarding your view of the horses.... now is the best time to come. In the spring, most of the horses across the street have babies and they are so fun to watch. Our guests often comment on how beautiful a site it is for them to see.
Thanks again for your review!
Daniel Ibarra

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked this hotel as a last minute road trip stop for the night. When a hotel rate is listed at $65 in the hotel chain industry you can definitely be worried and almost expect to come out with your skin itching or bed bugs. Luckily, I took a chance on the Rose Garden Inn as it seemed more mom and pop owned and I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

My boyfriend and I checked in around 9pm and the woman at the front desk was pleasant. Our room was on the ground floor with a King bed and was very spacious. When I opened the door I held my breath a bit hoping it wasn't like some of the reviews I read earlier that day and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was equipped with a coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave. I didn't go to the pool so no thoughts there.

My only gripe is my bathroom was on the older side in a upgraded room. The bathroom top was that old brown looking laminate and the shower head was very aged.

For the most part, the hotel price was not bad for the amenities and service we received. I would stay here again if I went back up by SLO again.

Room Tip: Request one of the newly upgraded rooms. toward the back of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family about 10 years ago, give or take and my memories of it are far from what it is today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has had some updates, mainly the carpet, furniture, and most importantly mattress! The mattress was very comfortable, and the pillows were the best I have slept on in a long time.

The pool has been updated as well, and there is now a large jacuzzi with a volcano/waterfall. It is very pretty, and so relaxing. I felt like I was on a vacation!

All of the staff was very friendly, and the rooms were clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Perfect little place to make your stay in San Luis Obispo perfect. Staff were more than friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Easy access to the city and even easier to the beach (Avila). Very good value for the money. If we go back, the Rose Garden Inn will be our stopping place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Colleen74_11
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We booked the Rose Garden Inn based on its website description and Trip Advisor reviews. We crossed our fingers, hoping our overnight stay would be acceptable.

We were pleased that our stay turned out to offer not only value, but a clean, well-equipped room with access to a huge, empty hot tub. The Inn even provided towels to be used for the clean and well maintained pool/spa. The Rose Garden Inn was just what we needed after a day on the train and a rainy afternoon spent in and around SLO.

Lulu at the Front Desk greeted us with a welcoming smile (she had also helped us book our reservation via telephone earlier in the week, offering a 10% AAA discount). We were initially given Room 116, however due to a nearby cookout for contractors staying at the Inn, we requested to be moved and were quickly accommodated to Room 106. Our room was a Premier King-Size room and it was equipped with everything higher-priced hotels offer (sizable refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker w/coffee and tea, blow dryer, plenty of outlets, great wi-fi, thick cotton towels, and more).

The Rose Garden Inn met all of our needs and I recommend it to those needing a place to stay in and around SLO.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank L_Gunning
Reviewed January 31, 2014

An oasis in a truck stop, a beautiful spa and courtyard make you feel like you are a million miles away from the freeway but you are right there.

Friendly, accommodating and pleasant...I would return in a heartbeat. Plus when I pushed the wrong button on the vending machine and got flaming Cheetos the manager took them off my hands and gave me change out of his own pocket so I could get a granola bar.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went with friends to San Luis Obispo, Ca For sight seeing and winery visits so much fun Stayed at Rose inn. Very clean and the pool and jacuzzi was fabulous. Close to downtown and wineries, and beaches.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends