“Best Kept Secret of San Luis Obispo”
Review of Rose Garden Inn

Rose Garden Inn
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Granada Hills
“Best Kept Secret of San Luis Obispo”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Rose Garden Inn numerous times throughout 2012 and 2013; our home away from home. The staff is very professional and helpful and the manager, Daniel, is genuinely interested in our comfort and goes out of his way to say hello. The rooms are roomy, clean and the beds are comfortable. It is nice to have a refrigerator and microwave at our disposal. The location could not be better, just south of Down Town SLO, shopping center just down the street and a really great church up the hill. We love Margie's Dinner next door, servings are very large; plenty of food for my husband and I to share a meal. I highly recommend the Rose Garden Inn. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Daniel and Mary made me feel like I was at home the rooms were clean the beds were comfortable. I felt safe the only real complaint I had was the shower head water came out wide but that was it. The maids were all very nice all of the staff was great it. I I spent about 10 days there and they were like one big family. The Rose Garden is definatly were I will be staying when I go bacl to San Luis Obispo Ca. I was almost sad to leave

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Having read several negative reviews, I wasn't sure what to think. But Rose Garden was a very clean little gem, and best of all, decent mattress. Everything in my room was simple and pleasant, and the manager seemed genuinely interested in whether I enjoyed my stay. Margie's Diner next door is a bit overpriced for a diner; but portions are large enough for two.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vistark
Avila Beach, California
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at the Rose Garden Inn first in May of 2013, when I was vacationing and checking out the area for a possible move to SLO. What a great family-style hotel this is. The rooms were clean, well decorated and the staff was so accommodating and helpful. I later returned in August when I made a move to San Luis Obispo. I was able to stay more than a week with my pet, until I found a place to live. Once again the staff was so amazing in assisting me during this time, Daniel, the General Manager is the best, as was Mary, one the front desk people, who was helpful is guiding me to good places to look for a home and place to live.

I would highly recommend the Rose Garden Inn for one night or 10 nights, it is like a home away from home and you feel like you are part of a family there.

Sandra Napua

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for the front rooms as they have been recently decorated and are very nicely done...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Alameda, California
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A friend and I were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Rose Garden Inn when we drove down to L.A. to visit a mutual friend. The bathroom and bedroom were very clean; the 2 doublebeds were comfortable; the staff friendly and helpful. My friend swam in the pool/hot tub and commented positively on it. Despite being next to the highway, it was very quiet.

Having driven a hybrid electric car, I wish the Inn offered plug-in access. The hallway carpet was old and unattractive, but overall, it was a good find and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and overlooked the pool. There was no view to speak of, though, and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I wasn't thrilled with this hotel. When we arrived there was no one there to check us in and we had to wait 20 minutes before they showed up. They were rude and totally unapologetic for their absence. Rooms were okay but nothing special. We had a handicapped room and it was odd. It was very nice having the diner next door. Overall it was an okay but definitely not great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel I, General Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I sincerely apologize that you had to wait for your room during your November stay. There is just simply no excuse for that, so we will not give one. We are very well known for our friendly staff, which keeps people coming to our hotel time and time again. If you would, please email us at rgislo1@gmail.com. We would like to know the time and date you checked in. Your review will truly help us be sure we get good reviews in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time.
Daniel Ibarra
Foster City
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Clearly an older property, but updated decently. Close to I-101 exit so very convenient, highway noise not noticeable (from our ground floor room). Diner restaurant (Margie's Diner) adjacent to property (next door to front office), but we didn't try. Also very close to grocery and other retail. Room was clean with basic conveniences for this category (small fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board); TV just OK (25-inch, non-flat screen, with basic cable channels). Sliding glass door access to parking lot was convenient, but otherwise not that useful (no patio or sitting area). Pool on property inside surrounded interior area seems nice (with faux rock waterfall!) but we didn't try. Dog-friendly -- dog rules given at check-in stated 35 lb maximum, but wasn't mentioned (or I didn't notice) on website or booking.com when I booked (but I added specific note mentioning that we'd be arriving with 65-lb dog); exception given by friendly manager

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family