Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
$85
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
$139
$152
$139
$172
$149
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$149
$145
Orbitz.com
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$209
$128
$119
Agoda.com
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$179
$174
Travelocity
$205
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
1,313 results
All reviewsevening receptionstrip mallmade to order omeletshappy hourmadonna roadindoor poolcocktail hourfree drinksliving roomcomplimentary breakfastcal polypismo beachhearst castlepaso roblesshort drivecentral coastmorro bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here Dec 2013 because of our past experiences with other Embassy Suites properties (Vegas, Temecula, etc.). It's located in a very busy business/commercial center, which I think was odd for a hotel in a wine country. The rooms need refurbishments as well as the interior of hotel. Another important thing to consider, this hotel is located right off the freeway, if you are a light sleeper, be ready for sleepless nights because the noise of the cars on the freeway is very audible in your room.

I got one problem that was not settled up to now. The front desk manager (Misty Schmidt), as well as the HH customer service promised, by email correspondence to fix the erroneous charge to my credit card but to no avail. I have emailed back several times after I was assured the charge will be reveresed but did not receive any response at all after that. I ended up paying the charge in my credit card, although a minimal amount, rather than wasting my time with no resolution and a promise that was broken. Not only it is unprofessional but also makes my decide to stay away from any of Hilton or Embassy Suites properties. Remember, there are a lot of other chains that offer better service.

So be careful, check your hotel bill before leaving or you may end up nowhere settling bill disputes, especially if you are already 300 miles away.

Room Tip: Make sure the room is not on the freeway side, else the noise of the freeway will wake you up at night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joel E
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Joel E;

Your feedback is very much appreciated. Your points of concern are well received and we have future plans to renovate the property. In the mean time we do our absolute best to maintain the property in excellent shape and to provide clean and safe accommodations. Regarding your billing issue, I would be more than happy to get personally involved to resolve your concern if you would contact me here at the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've stayed at this Embassy Suites numerous times over the past twenty years. The last time was about five years ago and I'm sorry to say that it is in desperate need of a renovation. The staff and service were terrific and the room was very clean.

That said, the furniture was tired and the cushions on the couch in the living room were very worn out. The ceiling in the bathroom was peeling and the lighting in the room was dim at best. There are no power outlets by the bedside for charging phones, and the wifi did not reach back into the area where our room was located.

I stayed using Hhonors points and I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear DA445;

We always appreciate direct feedback - thank you. We do have future plans for renovation which should address all the concerns you mentioned. We will follow up immediately on the bathroom ceiling issue you mentioned as this is not acceptable to us; we take great pride in maintaining the property in the best condition possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback; we do hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Once again, I took my elderly parents to see some relatives in Arroyo Grande nearby and we only stay at the Embassy for obvious reasons. Upon first arriving for early check-in (thank you Hilton Honors), it did seem a bit hectic with some tour groups leaving. But once the chaos settled, the grand piano and beautiful bar area stood out. We had lunch at their restaurant and the burgers are to not be missed. Be brave and order "The Works". You won't be disappointed. Nearby stores came in handy and the facility was super clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear MICHAEL L;

Thank you very much for your kind words, most appreciated. So glad you were able to experience lunch in our restaurant and the amazing "The Works" burger. We are also changing up our menus in the restaurant within the next couple of weeks so we hope you are able to check it out. As you mentioned, we are located next to great shopping options all within walking distance of the hotel. And thank you so much for your comments about our hotel being "super clean."

We certainly hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great breakfasts, Happy Hour and the Wrangler Wine Tour a must.(Ask for Jan and Dave) . I think the beds were the most comfortable of our trip. Walked downtown and sampled the barbequed ribs! Lots of the major stores represented. Neat little town!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Beverly T;

Very glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of our complimentary cook to order breakfast and our complimentary evening reception; certainly crowd favorites. Many guests comment on the comfort of our beds and the great location to excellent shopping options that you mentioned.

We hope to have you back soon and wish you all the best!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We traveled as a family with two teenage kids and Embassy Suites is often a good choice as everyone has space. We spent two nights here as a base to see SLO. The location is a little funny - fields or brussel sprouts on one side, freeway on the other, and a shopping center. But the location is a great base with everything close by. The room was well maintained and the breakfast better than many ES. The eggs were well prepared and they were very efficient at the grill. The chef on duty was very helpful and made sure things were smooth. He clearly cared about the guests and everyone enjoying their eggs. I'm very fussy about my eggs and he was happy to accommodate. I would definitely stay here again. For the comfort and convenience a solid choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Nina961;

Thank you for your recent stay to Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo. As you mentioned, though our location is a bit unique we receive many favorable comments from guests that our location is convenient to shopping, dining, has easy access to the freeway and Cal Poly University. So glad that you found our complimentary cook to order breakfast better than most. Our team does a great job in that area.

Again, thank you for your recent stay and we look forward to your next visit.