When we arrived to the hotel at 3pm on 12/26, the poor woman at the desk (Nora), already had her hands full. She had a line out the door, all phones were lit up, and she was doing the best she could to handle it all in stride. I really felt bad for her, as she should have had backup during the usually busy check-in time. She reamined sweet and professional through it all!
Nora let me know that the room I had reserved (A king, with an adjoining queen) would not be available due to a leak in the queen bathroom. Apparently there were no other rooms with this configuration, so Nora looked to get us two adjoining kings. Unfortunately, we got the kids and all of the luggage up to the second floor, and found that the rooms weren't adjoining after all.
I went back to the lobby, and by this time, another rep (Trenton, I think?) was there with Nora. He looked in the computer, and said that he couldn't find any more adjoining rooms at all. He apologized for the inconvenience, and asked what he could do to make it up to me. I told him that I REALLY needed adjoining rooms, since we have small kids, and I wouldn't have booked the suites if that wasn't possible. I signaled for Nora, and she eventually brought over a paper map and showed him the ones she thought were free. She suggested to give us an upgrade to an executive suite, but Trenton decided he was going to leave the desk, go upstairs and check to see if the rooms listed were indeed adjoining. He came back about 10 minutes later, let me know that he found two rooms, and finally got me checked in. To his credit, he did offer me a free wireless access code and a free movie to make up for the inconvenience.
After traveling all day with 2 kids, it was really frustrating to have check-in take 1 1/2 hours from start to finish! The upgrade would have been a nice touch!
All in all, a nice hotel, yummy breakfast and a great manager's reception. The staff was all very friendly and the hotel was well maintained. I also thought the staff handled the power outage very well! I just think the hotel needs to make sure they have 2 people on shift to get folks checked in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive complimentary breakfast and cocktails & snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The on-site restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access (charge included). Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo is 100% non-smoking and a $300 fee will be added when smoking in a non-smoking room or suite. This hotel also has a late check-out policy of a half day rate up until 4PM. After 4PM, the late check-out policy becomes a full day rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites