Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$149
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
$139
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$89
$79
Villa Motel(San Luis Obispo)
$55
$155
$149
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$89
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$124
$110
Agoda.com
$152
$135
Agoda.com
Sands Inn & Suites(San Luis Obispo)
$114
$103
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$209
1,312 results
All reviewsevening receptionstrip mallmade to order omeletshappy hourmadonna roadindoor poolcocktail hourfree drinksliving roomcomplimentary breakfastcal polypismo beachhearst castlepaso roblesshort drivecentral coastmorro bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I think I really want to give a 3 1/2, but went with a 4 on the strength of the staff service. I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a business trip. The hotel was not crowded and they upgraded my room, which was nice. I haven't stayed in SLO before, so don't know what the other options are. This hotel was dated, older carpet in the rooms, and basic furniture. The rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave, as well as a hot water maker. The staff was really friendly and helpful, including making restaurant recommendations. Breakfast service was good too. Location is right at the back of a major shopping center, and right off the 101 freeway. Ask for a room not facing the freeway to avoid freeway noise. The hotel was quiet and the bed comfortable. All in all it worked out well for our purposes.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the 101 freeway
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SLOCAES, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear cds_SanFrancisco,

Thank you Thank you very much appreciate you as our guest and your comments, I thank you for complementing the exceptional team of people here, we are indeed very fortunate indeed, but it also takes fantastic and appreciative guests too. We are maturing but as mentioned earlier we are expecting a renovation this coming next year, but until then we will take great pride in our surroundings and take care of the team and our guest's.

We certainly look forward to the next opportunity to accommodate you should your travels bring you back to San Luis Obispo.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have said before that this hotel is hard to find, but worth the trouble. The front desk people and all of the staff are terrific and very pleasant. They just replaced all of the fitness equipment with the latest and greatest Precor elypticals, treadmills and rower. It is a great workout room right above the pool. While the hotel and staff are fantastic, we noticed this time that the hotel is getting really "tired" looking. The carpeting is worn out, the room case goods are worn and the common areas smelled like smoke, all a bit disappointing. Since we are frequent visitors, it will not stop us from staying there, but I'd they do not upgrade soon, they will start losing business to the newer hotels, including a new Hampton Inn and the newer Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nadojeff

Dear Nadojeff,

Thank you for being our guest Sir and delighted that you were able to experience the brand new fitness centre equipment and perhaps more importantly your experience with the team here in San Luis Obispo, I am very lucky to be a part of this team.

We continue to better our facility and ensure it's cleanliness and aesthetics, we are expecting to complete a renovation this coming next year, but prior to that we will continue to ensure that our facility is clean and that the team compensate for a little maturity of the furnishings.

Thank you again and look forward to the opportunity to see and hopefully meet you in person on your next visit to San Luis Obispo.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. I was very impressed with the staff's willingness to please, and the breakfast was great too. It was my first time taking advantage of Embassy Suites free breakfast, and it's not just pastries and fruit! They have free "cook-to-order" breakfast for omlettes, fresh pancakes, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, and eggs, as well as the usual bagels, pastries, cereal and fruit. I was stuffed!

Also, shortly after I checked into my hotel room, I noticed I had a small maintenance issue. I called back to the front desk, who immediately found me another room and gave me a dinner voucher for the restaurant. After changing rooms, I realized I had left my bottle of water in the old room. Feeling sheepish, I approached the front desk about my bottle of water. She gladly found me two cool bottles of water to replace the one I forgot. Needless to say, the service was great, and all done with a smile!

The hotel itself and rooms were nice. I liked how it opened into a huge atrium (where restaurant and bar were), and that was decorated for Christmas. The rooms have a mini-fridge, sink, and microwave. I was here for business, but will probably consider staying here for vacation with my husband as well.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the atrium tend to get some noise from the restaurant opening and closing. Was not a big deal for me though.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Purpltaz27,

A pleasure to have you as our guest, I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience our complimentary cooked to order breakfast that we as a brand are quite legendary for. We do take tremendous pride in our hotel and our hope is indeed to deliver excellence and I am thrilled that your experience and interaction with the team here was brilliant.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had upon your arrival and glad that my colleagues corrected as soon as you made mention.

We certainly look forward to the next opportunity to see you and hopefully your husband next visit to San Luis Obispo.

Cheers

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family & I have stayed here 3 times between mid Oct-end of Nov 2012. Total of 7 nights. Very clean & exceptionally courteous & eager-to-please staff (most of younger staff apparently are local college students). All rooms have microwaves, refrigerators. Free hotfood, fruit, cereals, breads/muffins breakfast buffet & made to order omelets plus. Mgr Reception 2-hr eve FREE beverages (including well & mixed alcoholic) & appitizers. Indoor hot tub & pool. Only down-side is some room locations could be on noisy side. If this is issue for you, ask for room away from freeway-side.

Finding Hotel the first time is definately a challenge, best suggestion I can give you is as you drive up Madonna Rd toward Mtn, the shopping Center is on your left. Pass McDonalds & Starbucks & (if in standard vehicle) turn LEFT AT APPLEBEE's Restaurant (this access road will dead end you into SEARs on your left & back side of EMBASSY Suites on your right). If you are in Motorhome or other oversized vehicle, I'd suggest you pass Applebee's & take the next LEFT turn at the US Post Office (it's another access road, a little bumpy, but is less traveled and takes you directly to front entance of Hotel & shopping center's far end parking lot). Once you get settled, then try other options. There are shopping options galore within a mile of Hotel (at least 5 different shopping centers), including ones with Costco & Trader Joes, & numerous eating options for various budgets, also next door to Market, that also carries speciality foods. That in mind, however, we were VERY pleased with dinners we had at the Hotel's restaurant, when were were just too tired to go out.

If have mobility issues: We stayed in standard suite first visit & Handicapped suites for next 2 visits. They have 2 options for HQ suites both with handrails, (1) roll-in shower & (2) tub/shower, both well set-up, lots of space. Lots of flat, available parking for all types of vehicles (hotel located at rear of large shopping center next to 101 Fwy). Flat level entrance with automated bi-fold front door, ramps to Atrium Courtyard & Bar. Ramp to INDOOR handrailed HOTTUB & Pool on ground floor(only problem here is due to limited space around pool, the pool loungers & chairs sometimes can make it difficult to get to the entrances to hottub & pool without moving these items). There is also a separate large service elevator available for use that will take you to just outside the entrances to the pools & exercise area, if you are on an upper floor away from lobby. The 2 different HQ rooms on 2 different stays that we stayed in were #103 & #108 located on North side away from freeway were Quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms next to freeway are noisy, I needed earplugs to sleep. BUT on when we moved to opposite side (I think its North) facing side of market, VERY QUIET.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OvrHillPicNupSpeed

Dear OvrHillPicNupSpeed,

Thank you for being our guest and one that continues to be our guest, I am delighted that you congratulated the team here as they are fabulous, we are very lucky and will never take them or our guest for granted.

I very much appreciate your assisting our future guests with directions and sharing our wonderful amenities that they too will enjoy.

Really look forward to seeing and meeting you in person the next time you are in San Luis Obispo.
Thank you.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Traveling up to SLO to meet daughter's boyfriend's parents, we wanted a nice place with numerous amenities, and of course, the Embassy Suites always have great amenities. It was Thanksgiving week so the place was booked solid.
We enjoyed the Happy Hour and the breakfast, both complimentary. Snacks at Happy Hour were sufficient, veggie tray, chips and salsa, popcorn and a Chinese cracker mix as well as an appetizer menu with prices in the average range. Breakfast was either hot, cooked to order or buffet. The only upsetting thing to me was there were dogs in the dining area on Thursday morning. Friday morning, one of the gentleman that works there made sure no one brought their dogs into the dining area. I'm not an animal hater, but to have allowed dogs into the eating area really upset me. The dogs were even in the area at Happy Hour. Management really needs to address this issue, perhaps by posting a sign that states no dogs in the Atrium area.
Our room had 2 queen beds, both very comfy. The room was located directly above the entrance which had very bright lights and music that played until almost 11, not necessarily a plus. The bath had a shower/tub combo and there was a separate sink area outside the bathroom. I had read many reviews on this property and totally agree with those that said the sitting area needed up-dating. The furniture, queen hide-a-bed and chair were so old that you literally sank to the bottom in them, very uncomfortable. Putting that aside, the suite was very clean and well stocked with towels, pillows, blanket, glasses and toiletries.
Locating the hotel might have been impossible without the aid of Siri. It is off the beaten track, in a shopping mall at the back.
Everyone that we encountered that worked there was very courteous, helpful and attentive. All in all, it was a pleasant stay and I would probably go back if the need arose for me to travel to that area for an extended length of time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not directly above the front entrance.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SLOCAES, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Dancingeyes,

Thank you for taking the time to deliver this commentary on your recent experience, thank you for allowing us to continue to just get that much better. I am very sorry that our guest's with pet's were using the atrium during both evening reception and breakfast and that unless they are assistance animals we do ask that pet's are kept to the upper level of the hallways and/or in their suites. This policy is in place and that your commentary has allowed me to understand the need to deliver consistently.

Our facility is one we are very proud of and I am delighted that the team here continues to deliver clean, safe, and with a smile.

Thank you again, as without you we can not improve. Looking forward to seeing you in your next visit to San Luis Obispo.