“very bad service”

Ramada San Luis Obispo
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My room air conditioning did not work. So just to make sure I wasn't the one that didn't know how to operate it, I called the front desk person for assistance. He tried and he was not able to get the AC to work (no cold air). the motel was fully booked so I couldnt get another room. Ok, that was understandable.

I asked him to leave a message with the Manager (Jocylan) for the next day and he did. I spoke to Jocylen the next day and she said she would tell the manager about my experience (my stay was only for 1 night). I had expected a partial credit on the room but after placing 4 followup calls throughout the week after my stay, no one would call me back to tell me they were even sorry the AC breaking. And yes, I'd left my telephone number with them each time.

At this point, I've given up. $100+ for a motel that is average.

Service is absolutely poor. Let's hope nothing breaks if you decide to lodge there...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Had to be one of the nicer places for the money. The room was excellent, clean,quite with the drapes and windows closed and easy to find. I positively will stay here again when we visit the wine country of the central coast..

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2010

The Ramada Hotel is the all in one place to stay for me simply because I enjoy the comfort of the room, amenities and the safe surroundings. I love being able to walk out of my door and enjoy the fine cuisine across the way. Whenever I stay here and I do alot, the clerks are always courteous and helpful and I will continue to recommend this Hotel above any other.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I have to admit when we first drove up I was a little worried because it is right next to the 101 freeway onramp/ freeway with a lot of traffic going by. I asked for a room not so close to the road and they were happy to accommodate me. Our room was clean however it was a non-smoking room that smelled smokey. Not my favorite thing but I needed a convenient place to sleep and take a shower. The bed was comfortable and once I turned the wall fan on... it was the best night sleep I have ever had at any motel. And I have stayed at really nice places at Disneyland and in Vegas. So that is saying a lot!! I am not saying it is the Bellagio or anything... its a motel. You get what you pay for, but it was clean and exactly what I needed for the $$. Let's see... The bed was comfy, the towels were thin and scratchy, the soaps were functional, TP not the best... but what do you expect. The continental breakfast was adequate. My husband really liked the danishes!! If you want something fancier you are going to have to pay for it... but it was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I stayed here They charged mandatory $1.00 plus tax for safe box in the room. Not disclosed on the confirmed reservation. The funny thing is, my room does not have a safe box.
When I complained, they said, nothing they can do, it is set by the management at Ramada. To me, it is a extra profit for the hotel. What a rip off. They finally agree to refund the safe box not until I told them to file a complain to corporate office.
To me, it not about the money, it is a chump change, but the principle that matters. What should I pay for a service that is not provided to me?

And also, around 1:00 am, I heard someone screaming in the parking lot. I was to tired to call the front desk, luckily it did not last long.

Will not stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I wanted to give this hotel a fair chance. It had a 2 bdrm suite (called 3 bdrm, but actually 2!) that would accommodate a larger group, so I decided to give it a try. With 3 young kids we are usually very sensitive to the cleanliness of hotels and we would not choose to stay here again. The room was a chilly 58 degrees when we arrived and the water heater was not turned on, so we did not have hot water for showers in the morning.
Bottom line: Habitable if it is the only option, but definitely would not recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Disturbed many times by noisy guests behaving badly in the early morning hours (in pool and parking lot). Called front desk several times and after 3rd time they took our complaint seriously. If this is your destination, don't forget to pack earplugs and sleeping pills.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple