“All in one”

Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
los angeles
“All in one”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

The Ramada Hotel is the all in one place to stay for me simply because I enjoy the comfort of the room, amenities and the safe surroundings. I love being able to walk out of my door and enjoy the fine cuisine across the way. Whenever I stay here and I do alot, the clerks are always courteous and helpful and I will continue to recommend this Hotel above any other.

• Stayed February 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
Southern California
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I have to admit when we first drove up I was a little worried because it is right next to the 101 freeway onramp/ freeway with a lot of traffic going by. I asked for a room not so close to the road and they were happy to accommodate me. Our room was clean however it was a non-smoking room that smelled smokey. Not my favorite thing but I needed a convenient place to sleep and take a shower. The bed was comfortable and once I turned the wall fan on... it was the best night sleep I have ever had at any motel. And I have stayed at really nice places at Disneyland and in Vegas. So that is saying a lot!! I am not saying it is the Bellagio or anything... its a motel. You get what you pay for, but it was clean and exactly what I needed for the $$. Let's see... The bed was comfy, the towels were thin and scratchy, the soaps were functional, TP not the best... but what do you expect. The continental breakfast was adequate. My husband really liked the danishes!! If you want something fancier you are going to have to pay for it... but it was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I stayed here They charged mandatory $1.00 plus tax for safe box in the room. Not disclosed on the confirmed reservation. The funny thing is, my room does not have a safe box.
When I complained, they said, nothing they can do, it is set by the management at Ramada. To me, it is a extra profit for the hotel. What a rip off. They finally agree to refund the safe box not until I told them to file a complain to corporate office.
To me, it not about the money, it is a chump change, but the principle that matters. What should I pay for a service that is not provided to me?

And also, around 1:00 am, I heard someone screaming in the parking lot. I was to tired to call the front desk, luckily it did not last long.

Will not stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Folsom, CA
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I wanted to give this hotel a fair chance. It had a 2 bdrm suite (called 3 bdrm, but actually 2!) that would accommodate a larger group, so I decided to give it a try. With 3 young kids we are usually very sensitive to the cleanliness of hotels and we would not choose to stay here again. The room was a chilly 58 degrees when we arrived and the water heater was not turned on, so we did not have hot water for showers in the morning.
Bottom line: Habitable if it is the only option, but definitely would not recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
California
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Disturbed many times by noisy guests behaving badly in the early morning hours (in pool and parking lot). Called front desk several times and after 3rd time they took our complaint seriously. If this is your destination, don't forget to pack earplugs and sleeping pills.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
tpinlb
Reviewed November 8, 2009

First off, check the date of the review. I believe that I was the most recent stay here. I am not sure what was going on back in 2008, but as of the writing of this review, Ramada has made some considerable upgrades. They have new beds in all of the rooms, they have redone the bathrooms, and all of the amenities (TV, microwave, refrigerator) work well. I did not get a chance to see about WiFi, but all in all this was a great stay. The added bonus is that you are about a 5 minute walk to Higuera street. So, you're able to check out all the great restaurants, bars and shops. We were able to go out and party on Higuera and then stroll back to the motel. So, this is in a good location, and it serves it main purpose: lodging! I would recommend this to everyone, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009
San Diego
Reviewed October 19, 2009

"This Ramada is the worst place we've ever stayed. Like others, we should have read the reviews. I wouldn't come if I were you. The room was filthy, had ants, 1 bar of soap, crumbs/food stuff next to the bed between the night stand, stained sheets.....just gross. We only stayed because there was no where else to go...otherwise.....we would have asked for a refund and left. The owner obviously doesn't care. Keep looking!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family