“It was alrite...”

Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Sunnyvale, CA
“It was alrite...”
Reviewed March 14, 2006

It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Stayed here one night. Good price, although they ran out of breakfast the following morning.

It's a good location, right next to the freeway for easy access. I would recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank albutt27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
Orange County, CA
Reviewed December 14, 2005

Right out of late 60's & very overpriced!! A so-called "suite" was over $150 for one night, thin walls with multiple doors to other noisy rooms. Thread-bare worn blanket on a thin, uncomfortable mattress. Bedroom heat provided by a single, antique wall heater. Walked out on the so-called continental one-muffin breakfast. I will avoid Ramada Inns based on this horrible experience.

Stayed November 2005
5 Thank Jeanne H

Travelers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed November 15, 2005

I checked the real estate prices and this is a pretty ritzy area. So I don't expect the local motels to skimp on the breakfast bar or try to push off an extra dollar on the bill for the safe I didn't use. I certainly think they could spend some dimes to reconstruct the driveway somehow to widen the exit in the event I was driving something larger than a Hyundai.

Note- don't try to park here if you're driving a mid-size to large vehicle. Of course, you could exit through the double-wide entrance but, take care, because the motel is on the access road to 101 south!

That being said, there is juice on the breakfast bar, but they keep it in the creamer! Otherwise, there's some coffee and lots of sugary danish.

Since the safe was simply an option to use, I had it removed from my bill.

And before you book, remember, the motel sits by the highway. There might be noise!

What about the room itself? Take your chances. Mine was OK. But just simple motel style. If you're unlucky to show up during homecoming for Cal Poly, I bet it will be pretty noisy!

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank Zoom_Gotti
york
Reviewed October 13, 2005

The motel was clean and tidy and had everything we would expect (toiletries, iron etc). The staff were friendly, the room was a reasonable size and was just a 15 minute walk from the centre of the town. The breakfast was very simple; just muffins and coffee, but most motels seem to offer something similar and for $62 per night we were not complaining! We certainly stayed in more expensive motels which were far inferior. In Britain it would not be possible to get a room for anything like that price.

• Stayed September 2005
Mt Shasta
Reviewed October 8, 2005

This place is a dump! The room was not very clean. They were very cheap on the soap.

Their contiental breakfast was a joke. I felt bad for families that had children because they did not offer anything to drink for children. All they had was coffee and a couple of tiny muffins. Families would come in and look at the breakfast and walk out.

We came home that night and found our room locked out. After checking with the front desk, they insisted we only booked for one night! They said we could have a "suite" for $250! As I began to try and get them to give us our room back, my husband pulled me aside and said this was one of the worse hotels he had every stayed out and let's get out of here! We ended up in Morro Bay and found a very nice place and enjoyed the rest of our stay. We will never, never go back there again!

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank siskiyous96094
California
Reviewed May 25, 2005

I had my doubts about Ramada since the one in Orlando was not a nice one, but this Ramada is totally different. Clean, tight, no smell, nice looking.
This is exactly what I expected for such a price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank Alexandra L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2005

I don't stay in too many hotels and Inns but I enjoyed the amenities at this Ramada Inn. The internet was free. I had a microwave and a refrigerator in my room. I expected less for the money I paid and got more. That's OK with me.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business