“A Dump”

Ramada San Luis Obispo
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If the price were below $100 per night, I might not be so critical. But at $150, this is a grossly overpriced dilapidated Ramada. I could list all the things that didn't work in the room but it would take too long. The place is simply a dump. The manager was about as friendly as a tax collector. Avoid it at all cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Roger2105
There are newer reviews for Ramada San Luis Obispo

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My daughter and I stayed there because it was close to where we had to go. I will NEVER stay there again.. The front desk person was so rude. Got mad because we ask for a downstairs room. They had my credit card number for my reservations. But I wanted to pay cash and we had a budget to stick to, When I told her what I wanted to do she told me I had to put a $50 dollar deposit down any way. Made me pay for both nights up front. If we wanted to leave after the first night (which we did) We were out our money. The carpet was dirty there was rust around the drains and mold all over the shower and bathroom walls. Nothing we had to plug in would stay in the outlets. I was very dissapointed for the price!! Not worth It!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank valarie L
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We sent to SLO to drop my daughter off at Cal Poly. Ramada was clean and reasonably priced. Nothing special; two TV's in one bedroom and none in the other. Good value, however. Might stay there again but would not be first choice despite the value.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good helpful check service. Good room for the rate.
Will stay here again as our son is stilll in school
for some reason the review services want 200 cahrters as a review. lucky for us the motel wasnt this anal. Ramada you need a new review service provider I suggest you start looking soon.

Room Tip: right in the middle of the courtyard and not pep was heard
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My daughter and I came to check out Cal Poly. Room was clean. Not enough electric plugs - one behind bed was broken and had trouble plugging in clock. Iron was full of water. Desk clerk gave us good advice for dinner at sushi restaurant across the street. However, TV chart listed many channels that were unavailable.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a very good experience. The room was very nice and the staff most helpful. The staff were able to help us with directions. They were very friendly.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I expected Ramada to be a level above Traveloge and Motel 6. This place felt very cheap. The sink is slow to drain, the bed was hard and the room was musty. A few of the light bulbs were broken.

3  Thank BENJAMIN S