Just returned from a 3-night holiday weekend stay at this great property. As always, they treat me like an Ambassador even though I am always paying a very low rate. Unlike my experience at most other properties including some high end places, the clerks here actually read my comments before I arrive and pre-assigned us to a quiet, top floor, end of hall room. IMO the furnishings are equivalent to what you might find in a Courtyard, etc. - nice but not lavish. I was happy to see that they recently switched from disgusting bedspreads to duvet-type covers which can be laundered frequently. As always we got a large room with a lot more space than many fancy 4* city hotels. The bathrooms was not "heavenly" a la SPG but clean and serviceable - this one had 2 sinks (one outside the door) and a shower curtain with a lining. Plus refrig and even 2 robes! Pool area is small but nice; the gym is also a bit too small, but that is my only complaint.
The breakfast was nothing to rave about but better than many similar complimentary "continental breakfasts" as it usually includes hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and a huge selection of baked goods, cereals and fruits, plus assorted juices and coffee. This location has a free internet terminal in the lobby - not sure if in room wireless is free but of course the parking is (not that competition would permit a charge) Good location near freeway and across street from Apple Farm restaurant, not far from downtown SLO or freeway (but super quiet).
In sum we have nothing but plaudits for this HIX and in fact I plan to send a letter thanking the staff for another wonderful stay. Don't take a chance on some of the other mediocre properties where we have been disappointed (hint: see arroyo grande).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel at San Luis Obispo is the area's closest hotel to California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly). Enjoy the best of small town charm surrounded by the unrivaled natural beauty of the Central Coast - from the historic Mission in downtown San Luis Obispo, to the colorful shops, restaurants, wineries, hiking, and beaches. The rustic neighboring communities of Cambria, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach and Paso Robles are just a short drive away. Our hotel offers a relaxing getaway with newly renovated, spacious rooms and suites featuring refrigerators, bath robes, and amenities to make you feel at home! Enjoy our complimentary deluxe full American breakfast. AAA approved, 3-Diamond rating. Come hop the trolley this Thursday to our weekly, regionally-famed, Farmer's Market. You will find an extensive selection of fresh produce, BBQ & live music! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Holiday Inn San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Holiday Inn