“Great for college visit”

Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Seattle, Washington
“Great for college visit”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed one night when visiting Cal Poly with our son. This turned out to be a fine place to stay and they offered a breakfast as well. We drove the short distance to town and had dinner and finished our night off in the hot tub. Close to the Cal Poly campus, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Expensive for the kind of hotel service and location.
It is just a place to spend a night, no kitchen / even restaurants closeby. We had to drive for 10 mins to get water for the night. Best if you stay near the main street (near the mission) at SLO.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TarunKJain
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear TarunkJain,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your last trip to San Luis Obispo. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly because we actually do have many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We also vending machines with various snacks and drinks. The hotel is located only minutes away from downtown with many more shops, restaurants, and local entertainment for our guests to enjoy. I look forward to sharing this information with you.

Joel Koper
805-544-8600
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My friend and I had a great time in SLO. The hotel was just what we needed. Great location (close to airport, the main town and wineries), clean rooms and friendly staff. They have a good breakfast each morning (even eggs and bacon:) would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank DistrictMRF
napa, ca
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My kids and I needed a place to stay for the night since we were traveling home from So Cal and wanted to go to the Market. Holiday Inn is known for having nice hotels so this was a safe bet. It's a small hotel but it had everything we needed for the night. The rooms were clean and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hudds5
Fairfax, California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love this hotel- I come from Nor Cal every month and I stay at HIExpress every time. The rooms are clean, the staff is always GREAT- and it's quiet and really comfortable especially the beds! I would recommend this hotel to business travelers as well as families as they have kitchenettes in some of the rooms, a pool for the kids and a hot tub for the parents! Thanks for always making me feel welcome-
Martha Pearl

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank martha p
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express allowed me to plan a surprise party for my husband using their huge dining area. They were very friendly and helpful for the many days leading up to the event. They even moved some furniture to allow the band I'd hired to have an area to set up, and they moved tables to allow for a dance floor. They were supportive and offered to even make coffee although I had the event catered. They set up tables with skirts for the catering company to place the food, and when I asked for two additional tables for the cake and for presents, they were not only accommodating, but friendly and quick. I found the staff to be amazingly attentive to our needs and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We didn't stay overnight nor did we rent any rooms, but the staff was fabulous, and the lobby, d...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
palos verdes estates
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Once again Joel and his staff at the Holiday Inn Express in San Luis Obispo were there to help me out when my college son was hospitalized. An unexpected hospitalization took me to SLO late on Friday evening and Joel was there for me. The friendly staff was such a comfort after driving for 4 hours. My room was clean and very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning - yum-
got me started on a very long day at the hospital. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kindness you give to your traveling clients. It is a beautiful service you provide to people away from their home but it sure is my home away from home. You are the BEST!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the back and side rooms and have experienced an equally good stay in both locations...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo