“Could've been a 5...”

Inn at San Luis Obispo
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
“Could've been a 5...”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable stay. Our 2 queen room was clean and very spacious. Nice continental breakfast with waffle maker, hot eggs and hot sausage. Had a blast in the pool but the one negative on our stay was the broken hot tub, which we had been looking forward to on a cool night.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Cealbr13
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
While we are glad you had enjoyed your stay with us, we wish to extend our apologies on account of the broken hot tub. We are in the process of fixing and upgrading our current offerings. At Best Western Plus, we strive to exceed customer satisfaction and we hope you would give us another opportunity to serve us in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
CA
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Customer Service was awesome! People you can actually joke with who laugh and talk to you. They don't treat you like another rented room!! The breakfast is great, the pool and spa are great. The carpet and TVs could be updated but my family and I would definitely go back. Great places to eat and close to downtown!!! Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We are absolutely pleased to note that you found our staff friendly and made you felt quite at home. As for the carpet and TV, we wish to inform you that we are in the process of sprucing up our rooms with newer and upgraded interiors.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Wonderful stay. Easy walk to restaurants and downtown destinations.
Super clean rooms, quiet, and comfy beds.
I stayed on my way down to southern CA and again a few days later on my way back to SF.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we would like to thank you for encouraging us with your positive feedback.
San Bruno, California
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was checking in to the hotel when I was told don't stay here cause she (front desk clerk) very hostle and rude. When I walked in I was greeted with a smile and asked "How are you today? What can I do for you today Sir". Told Nicole I was checking in. (by the way her name was Nicole). Nicole checked me in with not once a rude attitude. SO other guest must just wanted something they wanted and Nicole was doing her job so they were not happy with that? I got my room found nothing wrong with it but, a SMALL sink in the bathroom. The whole room was clean and roomy. There was everything you needed for a over night stay. Coffee Maker, Iron and refrigrator. My daughter wanted her left over food from lunch warmed up. Just gave a friendly call to ask front desk they said they are apon request but, bring it down we will warm it for you. they did oh did I say I worked with Nicoel again. Still no rudeness from HER. More helpful then anything. Spa-pool area great expect becareful cause they have a wood deck and it is not sealed so might get splenders. Overall stay was great. There is no place in the world that is PREFECT. so I will rate next hightest. Guess who checked me out NICOLE. No problems again. When I was in there for breakfast heared her talking to others and same thing friendly nice never no rudeness or hostle. So I praise her that she was not just acting great with me since i was told that it was with everyone. All was great even spoke with her family when they were having dinner there in the lobby. In a whole all felt more family hotel and confortable then. Stricked, pushy,suited up snobes. Will be back here unless startes to get pushy, snobes, or upclass dress and attitude. We stayed upstaires non office side (cant remember room number) in middle July 13th...Nicole Well done....

Room Tip: upstaires rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We also thank you for taking the time to write an encouraging and appreciative feedback about our check in staff, their attitude and service. We would love to have you visit us again.
Wilmington Island, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here for under $100 a night with my AAA discount. The room was updated and clean. The motel was quiet. I didn't eat the breakfast but the coffee was fantastic. I think this hotel is great for the money and I would definetly stay here again if in this area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
It was absolutely delightful to have you stay with us and we would like to thank you for your appreciative feedback. We hope to see you during your next visit.
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night on Friday June 22nd. Online rates showed $129. We got a rate of $114 by calling the 1-800 number off the website. Quick check in/out. Very clean room, comfortable bed but small pillows. Quiet stay. TV could be replaced as it seemed the sound was going out. AC worked great. Didn't check out the free breakfast but it's in a very small room. Motel is right next to Pappy McGregors Pub and grill, which I also recommend. Good food, atmosphere, decor and had life music. Ask the desk clerk for a 10% off coupon for Pappy's. Trolley pickup's are also right across the street! 50¢ per person for the 1.4 mile ride to downtown. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
It was a great pleasure having you with us, and thanks very much for your feedback. We are currently in the process of reviewing and upgrading our offerings in the rooms, and we will definitely work on your suggestion on the size of pillows and television set. While we appreciate your positive pointers, we look forward to having you stay with us in future.
London
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel is disappointing for the price ($129) and is not up to the standards of other Best Westerns (at a price of $80 I'd have been much more satisfied). The location is convenient enough, but there are lots of other hotels closer to downtown. The complex is like a motel with outdoor corridors rather than an actual hotel. Our room was clean but had a musty smell and was very basic: the carpets were worn, the fridge was from the 1970s, and the TV from the 90s. Being on the first floor, the window in the bathroom couldn't be opened while taking a shower as people can see in; the toilet didn't flush terribly successfully. I did, however, have a very good sleep on the bed. There was a free help-yourself breakfast of waffles and "egg mcmuffins," which people in my party enjoyed; we had to use paper plates and plastic cutlery at breakfast, which gave the whole affair a decidedly budget feel. At check in I asked about parking downtown and was told that it cost $1.75 every 15 minutes even in the evening. This turned out to be completely false--there was ample free parking after 6pm. I'm not sure if this was a ruse to convince us to walk to the pub next door, or if it was just bad information, but either way it was poor service. In contrast to other reviews, however, we found the front desk staff to be very friendly. The swimming pool is nice enough but a bit chilly to be comfortable and we couldn't enjoy our swim because of construction on the jacuzzi deck. What should have been a peaceful dip was penetrated by the sound of a circular saw. I've stayed in other Best Westerns that are much better than this, and I would say you can do much better in this hotel class at one of the many other hotels and motels on the very same street. We didn't stay there, but the Quality Suites next door looked very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aforth
We would first like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us and it was a pleasure serving you. We understand that you may have faced some inconveniences during your stay with us. It is unfortunate that there may have been some misunderstanding about the parking fee. However, please be rest assured that delighting customers has always been foremost at our properties. We will certainly take into account your recommendations regarding the room interiors, bath and the swimming pool. At Somerset Inn, it has always been a priority to evaluate customer responses and implement them as best as we can. We would be happy to hear from you and we look forward to having you stay with us in future.

Travelers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels