“"Extremly Pleased"”

Inn at San Luis Obispo
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed February 26, 2012

When your looking for a great place to say, this is the place that tops the charts. Nice clean rooms, great customer service, good breakfast, good internet speed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn at San Luis Obispo

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed her on February 17th for the weekend again. Well, this time spoke with Steven at check-in and always has different jokes for us. Loved it. Also this was the weekend that there were alot of high school kids there. Steven and Nicole did everything to keep them quite but, I do not know how they can be on a goooooooooooooo 24/7. They are a great couple and hospitality. They changed their breakfast in the last month that we were there. Now they have sausage and eggs, yogurt. That was the thing I was shocked they did not have the first time i was there even the regular Best Western have it. But like I said before I will be back. Nicole thank you and see you on March trip thanks for my great rate.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lovingca
Reviewed February 25, 2012

It was a wonderful time. Had a great room all was great. Good breakfast but no hard boil eggs. Lady dennise was a serious person. Was good cause I know thats there was no lies, nicole was not ment for the hotel cause she was to funny and was dress for like a marriott hotel. Housekeeping only talk spanish. But I will stay here again god bless

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Blessday818
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I travel over 200 days a year all over the country and have never been treated as badly as at this hotel. I do not know what the accomadations are like as I did not get past the check in process. When I asked a question and challenged the reply I was told I did not know what I was talking about and if I did not like it there are other hotels in town. That is all I needed to hear and I was out of there, even if I was wrong with thinking I do not expect to be treated that way as a customer.

Room Tip: Try the Best Western Royal Oak on Madonna
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank 707070bond
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Friendly staff, nice breakfast, and a relaxing hot tub and pool. Beds were comfy had a good night sleep, it was an easy walk to campus and I enjoyed a relaxing break in the outdoor area w/a view of the mountains.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa F
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have stayed at this motel several times over the years. They've recently done some renovation, but they seem to have missed the mark a bit. They've installed small refrigerators, but I tried three rooms and couldn't get any of them to work. The desk clerk said she'd send someone to check on it, but no one ever showed up. She also just told me the room number--no envelope for the keycard with the number written on it. I had to go back and ask because I hadn't paid enough attention when she told me the room number.

The breakfast was pretty skimpy, and they had the TV going in the breakfast room--I hate that. When I checked out, the deskclerk (a different one) was not at all friendly. I said "Hello" and she just stared at me.

The motel is in a good location, near Cal-Poly, and just a few blocks up the hill from downtown. The rooms are all very quiet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I showed up late from the airport (12:30 am) to check in. When the owner finally got up to answer the door..he was rude, angry, and not very inviting.

Another thing I've noticed..stained sheets! And really thin bedding.

And to top it all off, when my neighbors were busy talking it up all night, I called the front desk to ask them to stop...the lady called me "rude" because I thought it was inconvienient of my neighbors to group up in their room and have a chat fest until 10. Yes, I know quiet time is 10..but I had been trying to sleep since 9. If they wanted to meet up with family, a restaurant or pub could have been a better location perhaps??? Just to sum it up, the lady did her job and she was okay about it..but calling me rude was unnecessary.

I will never recommend this hotel/motel..

I forgot to mention the super thin walls...I can hear my neighbors snoring!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business