“Lovely Hotel”
Review of La Cuesta Inn

La Cuesta Inn
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I stayed here for one night, wish it was more the room was so clean and the bed was fantastic.My room overlooked the front of hotel and had a balcony so no problem with traffic noise. Case was taken to room and collected the following morning. If you are looking for a drink and something to eat try the Irish Pub down the road.

• Stayed: December 2010
There are newer reviews for La Cuesta Inn

Reviewed December 28, 2010

We traveled down the coast for a get away and figured a stop over in San Luis Obispo would be our "roughing it" night by looking for an inexpensive hotel. This place was a pleasant surprise for the money. The King room was big, all the amenities, glass not plastic, good bed, up to date TV, granite counters, refrigerator and everything else my wife and I are used to paying more for. I don't usually read many of the 5 star ratings because I want to know what is wrong with a place but I have no choice but to rate this place as great for the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed here with a friend for one night in July and would definitely return. Although the hotel is next to the freeway, we did not hear the noise from our room, which was on the opposite side of the hotel. The room was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was included in the rate, which was a good value. It included make-your-own waffles, cereal, muffins, etc. A converted hotel room is used as a dining room and offers a fair amount of seating.

The hotel was within walking distance of restaurants and a 15-20 minute walk into downtown where there is a great farmer's market on Thursday nights. A trolly runs to downtown seasonally and stops less than a block from the hotel. This was very convenient after a long day wandering downtown and the farmer's market.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We stayed here on recommendation of a family member and from the Tripadvisor reviews. Overall it was clean, quiet and convenient for our stay. The lobby smelled of cookies when we checked in which was nice. The person checking us is was pleasant, even asked me what floor I'd prefer which was very nice of her. The room was clean, but the one problem we had was when my husband went to use a bath towel, there was this green streak stain on it. We looked at it and was just grossed from it. Luckily there were other towels in the room and we just used those. I don't drink coffee, but I thought it's odd to have the coffee maker, cups and ice bucket by the bathroom sink right next to the toilet. They should put that either by the other sink that is outside of the room with the toilet or maybe on the table by the tv. That just kind of put me off to wanting to use the cups even though they were upside down. When checking out, I told the person checking us out that there was a blinking light on the phone which was telling me I had a message, but I told her that I couldn't retrieve the message. She said I could go back to the room to try it again, but didn't offer to give me my room key back. She asked if I followed the instructions and when I told her yes, she said that if I wasn't expecting a call, then whoever was calling should have called my cell phone and she just went about her business with other guests and no kind of thank you for staying with them. I guess that shouldn't be such a big deal, but it was my last impression of the place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Stayed here for one night ( wished it was longer ! ) and it was fantastic. After a very pleasant check in we made our way to our room . Nice size with a balcony , and very clean .Bathroom was great as it had a sink inside the bathroom & one just outside the door , this meant that two of us could get ready , brush teeth etc at once ! . Great little touches like the rubber ducky in that bathroom was excellent . We drove into town ( you could walk if you like ) and its a great town to walk around , they were having one of the "concerts in the park " the nifgt we were there .Went back to the Hotel & used the Spa and the Pool , big with heaps of tables and sun lounges available ....it was a Friday afternoon and the kids & I were the only ones there !
Has dinner over the road at the Apple Farm restaraunt , great food although it was a bit more than a usual meal on our trip ( it was about $25 more than we had been paying for the four of us ) but the servings were big and service good.
Breakfast at the hotel was amazing , kids loved to make their own waffles , heaps of cereals,muffins fruit etc ...
Loved this place , met some great people & would definately stay there again & reccommend to family and friends .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed here based on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. The hotel is very close to the freeway, but noise was not a problem. The interior of the hotel is better than most chains, and it is very well maintained. The front desk clerk was very polite and helpful, and the wireless internet worked well. The free breakfast was only OK. There is not much room to eat breakfast downstairs, but they provide trays so that you can take food up to your room, which I prefer, anyway. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2010

arrived on 8.10.10 for a 1 night stay as part of coach tour around California.hotel was lovely,San luis Obispo beautiful.we arrived on a thursday night which is farmers market night and there ware 100's of stalls selling everything from vegetables to fast food,really good experience.just be warned that to get into centre of San luis Obispo from hotel is quite a long walk or you can do as we did,take the bus which goes every 20 mins,its no problem.there is a couple of restaurants nearby but not much else.
the included buffet breakfast was lovely with everything from fruit to make-them-yourself waffles.
we would gladly stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple