“Just right”
Review of La Cuesta Inn

La Cuesta Inn
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Visited for just one night, based on good TripAdvisor reviews. They were spot-on. The hotel is unpretentious, but homey and comfortable. Our room was large and comfortable. The bed was just right. I was very happy to see that we had a small veranda to sit on. I went out there with my nice cup of coffee and read a book in the evening. The breakfast buffet was sufficient but nothing to write home about. Service was more than friendly.

One thing to be aware of; it is close to a highway and a busy street, so you can hear traffic in the evenings if you like to sleep with the windows open. I noticed that after 11 pm it subsided substantially.

Overall, a very good value, and I would stay there again if I come back to SLO.

Room Tip: A west-side room would see the sun setting on the mountains. That would be nice!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean K
There are newer reviews for La Cuesta Inn

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I'm a regular visitor to San Luis Obispo and thought I would try the La Cuesta Inn for a change. Friends had recommended it and I wasn't disappointed. I had a bandage on my wrist from a minor injury and the attendant (Eric) noticed the bandage and before I could say anything was helping with my luggage. You don't see that everyday! I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I always recommend La Cuesta Inn to my business partners. If you are considering staying overnight in SLO and don't know where to stay, they have a night staff person who is super!
Norene picked up the phone late one night when I could not arrive before 11 p.m. She was calming, professional and reassured me that my room would be waiting for me. That was last year, 2013, and every time I think about the comfortable room and over the top service compared to more expensive Hotels, it warms my heart. I am planning on a November get-away weekend with my boyfriend, and making reservations now - I love you La Cuesta Inn! Thanks for having a warm and friendly staff!
Debora from South Pasadena

Room Tip: Staff can help with business traveler's questions about Parking lots, traffic, best bites, etc.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Our first time there for 2 nights: very impressed.
Though it's small but clean, modernly & tastefully decorated ( newly remodeled? )
Friendly & helpful staff.
Adequate breakfast.
Particularly enjoy DVD library, tea & coffee.
Will go back & recommend

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Elizabeth was my incredible introduction to this hotel. She worked tirelessly with me last night to make sure our reservation was in order and best suited our needs & budget. Background noise from front desk was 100% happy guests getting fun dining & activity advice from employees. If management can keep their employees so happy and helpful I can't wait to see how nicely they treat the guests!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here in July for 1 night as part of a West Coast road trip. Nice hotel, free parking, good size rooms with a balcony (although ours was facing a hill!) TV, fridge and microwave in room, comfy beds. Nice reception area with friendly and professional staff. Free tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cookies and DVD library in reception. Complimentary breakfast consisting of cereals, oatmeal, waffles, toast, bagels, pastries, tea & coffee, this was more than adequate unless of course you absolutely have to have a full cooked breakfast in the morning, but it was fine for us. Only downside was that it didn't have a guest laundry or one nearby, this would have been a big plus for us due to the amount of travelling we were doing but it wasn't a major problem. Had a lovely meal in Pappy McGregor's restaurant just over the road from the hotel, can highly recommend the fudge brownie sundae!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank shinythingsvicky
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have been staying at La Cuesta Inn since my son started going to Cal Poly. Very clean, great location off the freeway and I feel safe there. Very close to all my needs to Cal Poly and doing errands for my son during my stay there. I like to ask for an upper level, king size suite. Last time I forgot and had a room on the main level. I had room 123. It was not that bad. I prefer the king size bed suite that over looks the pool on the upper levels. There is a couch that pulls out to a bed. Norene that works the night shift is so friendly and very helpful. I always look forward stopping by to say hello to her. Basically all the staff are very helpful. I was just there last week and I noticed they remodeled their lobby area and eating area. I was very impressed. I always recommend this hotel to other Cal Poly parents and they continue to go there. I already have my reservation for Cal Poly Parent's weekend and Graduation.

Room Tip: I like the upper level King Size Suite that overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo