“An oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Egaa, Denmark
“An oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This motel is an ideal place to stay on trips between L.A. and San Fran for those of us that prefer a break along the way. The staff is effective, the rooms are large and clean, and the pool area is delightful. The main street in the nearby city of San Luis Obispo has lots of shops, bars and restaurants, along with the awesome / disgusting bubblegum alley.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would stay again. I stayed on the 3rd floor and the room had two queen beds with nice pillows and confortable mattresses. Water pressure was okay and the toiletries were good. My only concern with this room was that the air conditioner didn't put out enough cool air. Luckily I had brought a small desktop fan and that helped circulate the air.

The continental breakfast was okay but it would have been nice to have something like hot eggs or some meat product. The waffle maker made beautiful small waffles.

The pool and spa looked lovely but I never had time to use either since I drove to the ocean each night as it was only 15-20 minutes away.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor seemed nice and quiet during my stay. I did notice that some rooms had balconies and t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I go to SLO every 5 weeks or so to see my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. Every time I am greeted with hospitality and great service. Jacob has given me exceptional customer service and so have the other front desk people. I have been upgraded to a better room when available. They have renovated the breakfast area and upgraded the lobby. I feel safe and the room is clean, comfortable, and furnishings are nice too. I stay here EVERY TIME I visit.

Room Tip: I always like to be on the upper floors but every room is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I certainly enjoyed our stay at La Cuesta Inn. The staff was very friendly and we felt welcomed from the moment we checked in. Our room was clean and neat. We had a restful sleep and an overall great experience.

If we ever go back to San Luis Obispo i would most definitely stay at La Cuesta Inn again!
I just wish there would be other city locations of this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The bed was very comfortable and the hot tub and pool makes it ice to.dip in after check in and before dinner.
It is at the end of town so it is quiet but still close to a few restaurants.
While we were there th hotel lobby was going through minor renovations so we got my breakfast in our room, which was nice. We sat in the balcony overlooking the mountains.

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I've been coming to La Cuesta Inn for about 5 years now. Mostly for pleasure, but occasional business. I really like the renovations, very warm and welcoming. What keeps me coming back though is the service. In particular, Jacob is fantastic. Always friendly and helpful, yet professional. Nice touch to be greeted by name after a 4 hour drive! Great breakfast, love the cookies and tea in the afternoon. As a frequent guest, it would be nice to see some sort of "points" program. Looking forward to being back Memorial Day weekend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were not informed about the Renovations when we booked so we were greeted by a lobby that was out of order and smelling very strongly of paint. The toilet in our room blocked very easily and as it was late at night we needed a change of room. The staff arranged this immediately without any problem which we appreciated. However the message about our change of room was not communicated to the providers of breakfast ( delivered to our room because the lobby was out of order) so that arrived half an hour late , nor apparently to the team that cleaned the room, as that was not cleaned. For our second morning the lobby was back in action . The breakfast was simple but ok.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family