“Very Nice”

Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Nevada City
“Very Nice”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Lexington Inn is located a bit of a walk from town but is very doable, it was a clean spacious room, small walk in closet!, lots of cupboards, very friendly staff, good parking out side or in carport. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The room is great, the location is fine, on motel row on the edge of town. Coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator in the room.

However: The television reception is ridiculous. Only one or two stations come in clearly. CNN is almost completely snow. When I complained, they said, yeah, that's the way it is. They said that they need to get a new provider. This is inexcusable. Why have big, flat screen TVs and no reception? I haven't seen this bad of reception since the pre-cable days. They have nice amenities, like an iron and ironing board. But which are you likely to use more, an iron or a TV? And if you have, say, kids, and really want to be able to use the TV – this is definitely not the place for you.

Wi-Fi is not actually free. The "free" Wi-Fi is so slow that I could not post this review from there. For normal Wi-Fi, you have to pay an extra $10 a night.

My room smelled so strongly that I had to leave the door open for a while to clear it out. It smelled like someone had gone overboard with either cleaning supplies or air freshener. It was a pleasant smell, but way, way too strong, especially in the bathroom.

Also, do check the rates online. I walked in, having checked the rates, and they wanted to charge me considerably more, and seemed not to believe me when I told them what their own website showed. I had to get them to look at their own website to see what rates they were advertising.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank berkeley1328

Travelers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Only 15 minutes walk from town centre makes the Lexington a very convenient yet affordable choice of accommodation in SLO. The hotel rooms are surprisingly comfortable - nicely furnished with a big flat screen TV and neat bathroom. A simple continental breakfast was provided as part of the price. Would recommend for travellers on a medium budget or those looking for good value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike B
Chico, California
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've now stayed at the Lexington Inn two separate times. The main thing to realize before staying here is that it is the only 3 star hotel in SLO that has reasonable prices at a short notice. That is really what keeps me coming back here. There is also a pretty convenient tram that picks you up and takes you to downtown. The main drawbacks that I have noticed are the noise levels from other occupants. The rooms are not amazing and could use better lighting, but they are very clean and the beds are pretty comfortable. Based solely on price I would stay there again, there is really not a better option for an affordable hotel in San Luis Obispo.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ConnerMDC
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 22, 2014

After our trip to Mexico, staying at Rosarito Beach Hotel, we were kind of worried of what we would find at the Lexington Inn. Will say we were pleasantly surprised. Room was clean, nice atmosphere, great patio. Quiet and relaxing. Love the place. Would definitely stay here again if ever in San Luis Obispo. Great Hotel and Affordable.

Room Tip: All around nice place
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alameda, California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

close enough to downtown and very close to Cal Poly. I always ask for a room away from the freeway. Have found the counter staff to be very helpful and gracious. Rooms are clean, not fancy but good enough for the price we paid recently.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank susan w
New Jersey
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The reviews of this "Inn" were so extremely varied (Trip Advisor, Yelp, Booking) my wife and I decided to take the chance for a one night stay. The higher price of hotels/motels in the area unfortunately made us focus on the positive review (we later found out that many posters said were made up). Big mistake.

With our fingers crossed we checked in. Packed lobby and average clerk checked us in. Room was fine for the class of accommodation, even with old school TV, stained carpets, paper thin walls, etc. We weren't expecting the Kimpton or Mandarian Oriental.

After entering room, while I was frustrated that internet signal was nearly non-existent and unusable, my wife noticed and became alarmed by (pubic?) hair on bed sheets and on sink vanity. When I called the front desk person to explain the gross situation, I was amazed that she had to come up to inspect and validate my claim. She nonchalantly asked if we wanted to change rooms. We said we did and waited for her to call us back with new room number and keys. Finally we tracked her down. She told us that there was no other room available (yeah, right, like she didn't know from the beginning) but if we wanted she would send in A housekeeper to change the sheets and sponge down the vanity. Since it was so late we agreed. (see photos).

At checkout I asked the unkempt, nasty, counter clerk to speak to the manager. I almost fell over when this guy me told me that he was the owner. I explained the situation and he blew me off by taking my phone number and telling me with a nasty grin, when he finally looked up from his desk, that he would call me back once he "looks into the situation". He reluctantly gave me his name, Robert Mueller. I later found that his wife Pragna Patel-Mueller was manager and apparently owns other properties.

We were super uncomfortable with our stay because of (pubic) hair, unusable wifi, crappy "breakfast", lack of adequate parking and above all the unprofessional, uncaring and hustle feel of the workers and management.

While loading luggage in our car we took little comfort in other people bitterly complaining about one thing or another

Stay Away from this place at All Cost!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple