“Pricepoint Inn”
Review of Lexington Inn

Lexington Inn
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've now stayed at the Lexington Inn two separate times. The main thing to realize before staying here is that it is the only 3 star hotel in SLO that has reasonable prices at a short notice. That is really what keeps me coming back here. There is also a pretty convenient tram that picks you up and takes you to downtown. The main drawbacks that I have noticed are the noise levels from other occupants. The rooms are not amazing and could use better lighting, but they are very clean and the beds are pretty comfortable. Based solely on price I would stay there again, there is really not a better option for an affordable hotel in San Luis Obispo.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ConnerMDC
There are newer reviews for Lexington Inn

Reviewed February 22, 2014

After our trip to Mexico, staying at Rosarito Beach Hotel, we were kind of worried of what we would find at the Lexington Inn. Will say we were pleasantly surprised. Room was clean, nice atmosphere, great patio. Quiet and relaxing. Love the place. Would definitely stay here again if ever in San Luis Obispo. Great Hotel and Affordable.

Room Tip: All around nice place
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

close enough to downtown and very close to Cal Poly. I always ask for a room away from the freeway. Have found the counter staff to be very helpful and gracious. Rooms are clean, not fancy but good enough for the price we paid recently.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank susan w
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The reviews of this "Inn" were so extremely varied (Trip Advisor, Yelp, Booking) my wife and I decided to take the chance for a one night stay. The higher price of hotels/motels in the area unfortunately made us focus on the positive review (we later found out that many posters said were made up). Big mistake.

With our fingers crossed we checked in. Packed lobby and average clerk checked us in. Room was fine for the class of accommodation, even with old school TV, stained carpets, paper thin walls, etc. We weren't expecting the Kimpton or Mandarian Oriental.

After entering room, while I was frustrated that internet signal was nearly non-existent and unusable, my wife noticed and became alarmed by (pubic?) hair on bed sheets and on sink vanity. When I called the front desk person to explain the gross situation, I was amazed that she had to come up to inspect and validate my claim. She nonchalantly asked if we wanted to change rooms. We said we did and waited for her to call us back with new room number and keys. Finally we tracked her down. She told us that there was no other room available (yeah, right, like she didn't know from the beginning) but if we wanted she would send in A housekeeper to change the sheets and sponge down the vanity. Since it was so late we agreed. (see photos).

At checkout I asked the unkempt, nasty, counter clerk to speak to the manager. I almost fell over when this guy me told me that he was the owner. I explained the situation and he blew me off by taking my phone number and telling me with a nasty grin, when he finally looked up from his desk, that he would call me back once he "looks into the situation". He reluctantly gave me his name, Robert Mueller. I later found that his wife Pragna Patel-Mueller was manager and apparently owns other properties.

We were super uncomfortable with our stay because of (pubic) hair, unusable wifi, crappy "breakfast", lack of adequate parking and above all the unprofessional, uncaring and hustle feel of the workers and management.

While loading luggage in our car we took little comfort in other people bitterly complaining about one thing or another

Stay Away from this place at All Cost!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank S K
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I will definitely recommend this hotel and return here as well. They staff was awesome and very helpful. The continental breakfast was just enough to start the day and the rooms were clean and safe. It's almost like an apartment since it has the bar area with sink fridge and microwave. It's worth you wallet to stay here because it will thank you for it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sagittariusgurl
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel is right on the highway on one side and the highway off ramp on the other.

I stayed in the older building because I wanted to be as far as possible from the highway which is right behind the last building. My room was half-updated and half-out-of-date. I paid $110 a room with taxes and fees on 2 rooms on Dec 27 and 28.

Good:
Bed was comfortable
Linens were fresh and bright white
Towels were new, fresh and soft
Two of the front desk people were very helpful, and looked up hike information and printed info from the internet for me. One of the front desk people did not care that I said the room needed some maintenance.

OK:
Continental breakfast is decent, but there are no indoor tables to eat at, so the small lobby gets crowded at 9 am.
Has a small fridge and microwave in room. Microwave looked more than 10 years old.
Most of the rooms in the old building do not have a balcony, so the room is tight and dark like the old motel it was.
Walkable to downtown, but close to 1 mile, plan accordingly

Bad:
TV was a giant cube of a joke and got a lousy picture, 5 channels did not tune.
Bathroom has no fan, so moisture and smells cannot be removed.
Highway noise and road noise - I slept with ear plugs which solved it in the building I was in.
Headboards pound walls when people in next room have sex (bad, unless you like that sort of thing and awkward with kids).
The shower head is very low flow for water conservation and the tub did not seem to drain fast enough when I showered.

This hotel would have been more satisfying at a lower price. I won't stay there again. I will stay on the other side of Monterey Avenue and 1/4 mile closer to downtown and farther from the highway.

Room Tip: Watch out for the building on the highway if you are noise sensitive.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Finally a hotel with the price as it should! For $60 this is what it should be, and makes it perfect for one or several nights in town.

The staff very friendly and helpful, the rooms clean but kind of old. Surprisingly the rooms are big and has a kitchen.

Locationwise, it looks like being out of town, but actually a 2 minute drive brings you right into downtown. Only problem I saw was the very limited parking (but we had no problem).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple