“good basic hotel for the price / location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lexington Inn

Lexington Inn
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
San Francisco, California
“good basic hotel for the price / location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a reliable, clean and courteous "stop gap" hotel if you are on your way past town or need somewhere central to make a base. The huge King bed was very comfortable and clean. It had a fridge and coffee maker and offers simple inclusive breakfast which involves a quick basic coffee and muffin to set you on your way. You wouldn't hang out in the reception area, but the pool is good and the receptionist was absolutely lovely - we actually forgot some food in the fridge and she kindly saved it and waited for me to come by and get it. The bathroom was a bit worse for wear, but was basic and worked and the room was big with a tube TV.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Situated on the edge of San Luis Obispo, straight off the freeway so easy to find, this hotel was an absolute gem, and so cheap it's amazing. The staff here are so friendly and helpful, and helped us arrange a call back to the UK which we were struggling to make.
We had a room overlooking the pool which was a bonus as the boys went for a swim so we could see them, there is a hot-tub also. Room was well equipped and spotlessly clean, free parking on site. Breakfast served via reception which can be taken back to your room if you wish, or sit out and eat.
This is a fifteen minute walk into the lovely town of San Luis Obispo, which is well worth a visit, packed with excellent bars and shops - don't miss bubblegum alley either. We ate at an "Irish" bar 2 minutes from the hotel which had a great menu and beer range.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob S
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

As there was a Willie Nelson concert in town, everything was sold out. This was economical, and you can tellf they have taken care to keep it clean & up to date. However, the bed killed our backs. I had a massage between the two nights, so I could face night #2!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dbtcltluvSedona
Lomita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple days for a destination wedding we were attending. The inn is a great value. The rooms are currently under refurbishment so some things are a bit off. Our room was very spacious. New carpet. New molding. New tile in shower. The walls are still original and need to be retextured. The edges have some dings from luggage no doubt that needs to be looked at. The bed was very comfortable (probably the most important thing). The sink and counter need to be replaced. The fixtures are very worn down to the brass. The toilet needs to be replaced also. I assume all of these are in progress since new tile was done. Also our room had a old tube tv that could barely be seen. Our friends arrived for one night and none of the refurbishments were done except a new very small for room flat screen and a fridge with microwave. Either way ammenities were good. Beds very comfy. Breakfast was good. Overall great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank aaronjk
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised with everything at the Lexington Inn. Wonderful, kind front desk, good location, nice room and clean pool. Morning breakfast was available and enjoyed the fitness room. We will be back for sure:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Laura B
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Anyway, upon carrying my luggage up the stairs to the room, I found it quite hot & stuffy. I also found toilet paper in the toilet??? I attempted to turn on the air conditioner but the fuse tripped every time I pressed on. I was so tired I decided to open the window and see if that would cool the room. This was not a safe option as anyone could push the large screen in and enter the room from the walkway. However, in my exhaustion I fell asleep (with my clothes still on).

In the morning I noticed about five black swirls on the mirror in the bathroom. Then, I noticed black marks on the floor. I swiped these with a wet kleenex and they came up. The floor was simply uncleaned.

Upon exiting the bathroom I then noticed blood marks near the door jamb.

Then, upon exiting the room, I saw more blood marks at the exit door handle. YUCK!

Clearly this room had not been cleaned since the prior occupant. The mirror simply needs to be replaced as it is laminated in several places - a very inexpensive maintenance item.

I have never in my life been provided a room in such disgusting condition.

I told the receptionist and she seemed genuinely disgusted but said there was noting she could do and to please contact you when I got home.

To top all this off, I just received my mastercard bill and was charged double for the room - even after I addressed this issue at check in!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank peskykitty

Travelers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Ventura, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am originally from SLO and my family still lives in the area. We frequently travel from southern Cal to northern cal and we love to travel along the Hwy 1 via Big Sur to visit family. This quaint but stylish place is located in the perfect middle stopping point, enabling us to rest and refresh before travelling on albeit toward the north or on our journey back homeward bound in the south of Cali. The service here is always excellent and all the personnel are very genuinely courteous especially Depech the front desk clerk who happened to check us in for the 4th of July trip we recently spent there, she was above and beyond the normal level of service not only to us but to other guests as we observed her going the extra mile and giving guests access to boiled water for their baby's needs and escorting another guest in need of security on a late night walk back to their room. All said and done this hotel is clean, large and offers the consistent amenities we travelers are accustomed to in this modern day. We recommend you give the place a stay, you will enjoy the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family