“Nice, could do with a clean.”
Review of Lexington Inn

Lexington Inn
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Firstly, let me say that overall this motel is great. The room was clean and pleasant, and the motel provided exactly what we needed for a stop between LA and SF. We stayed one night only. However, we used the pool and discovered AFTER swimming that the strange pooey smell was actually poo, stuck on the side of the pool at water level. Let's just say I had a long shower after that. I can't let that get in the way of a generally nice time though. And the pool was lovely. Especially the poo-less hot tub.

If you book through booking.com make sure you take note of if you've paid or not. We thought we had and got a nasty surprise at check in.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staff is very nice ( lady working there on July 26 a bit before 7pm was super friendly and professionnal), hotel is great for the price ! No surprise cost, we paid exactly what we expected ! (which is nice ! ) Not super fancy but very clean room and bathroom, pretty good size and big comfy bed ! Just what you need after a day on the road ! We didn't get enough time to go to the pool but it is very cute ! I would definitely go back again !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maudette123
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We normally stay at another hotel but this was half the price. The staff was very helpful and
the breakfast was just fine for a quick start. The room was clean and it was nice to have a
mini kitchen with microwave. This is not a glamorous motel but it certainly was worth paying
the same for 2 nights as I would have paid for one. Call direct to book and tell them you have
a Cal Poly student.

Room Tip: The back rooms are larger but they are closer to the freeway. Did not bother us.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jammyjudy
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a one night stop over at the Lexington on our way back to Vegas. I was a little apprehensive about staying in a motel rather than a hotel but have to say was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and cleanliness of the Lexington Inn. Plenty of parking,check in was a breeze and our two double bedded room on the third floor was more than adequate for our one night stay. It was clean,quiet, the beds were very comfy, the bathroom was loaded with clean towels, there were coffee making facities and even a fridge. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves and were even given pool towels. The complimentary breakfast the following mornng was exceptional, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, oatmeal, cereals, tea, coffee, fruit tea and juice what more can you ask for. We drove into the centre of San Luis Obispo parking was easy by the mission and what we saw of the town looked very nice, plenty of shops and restaurants. We tried Luna Red a spanish tapas restaurant which had indoor and outdoor seating. The food was excellent, very tasty and there was plenty of it. What I thought was going to a tough night turned out to be a really good night. We would definitely recommend the Lexington Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JudyD50
Reviewed July 5, 2012

They have go to rethink their pet friendly rooms. The beds were terrible and my dog left with fleas, we didn't bring in I am sure of that. I asked if they had grass and were nice and told yes to both question and I was terribly mislead. The continental breakfast was also petiful. We would have been better of at a motel 6, they were less than honest about their accomodations.
Sharalynn Culy

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharalynn C
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was referred to this place since I was staying in the area for the weekend. Once I walked in the lobby I was greeted by Diana and another staff member. She was very friendly and helpful accommodating my stay despite not having a reservation. I didn't get to partake in the breakfast, but I will be back to have a bagel on my next visit.
The room was very clean and spacious. There was also a little balcony that overhangs some plants and you can also hear the birds chirping in the morning.
The entire staff was helpful and there was plenty of parking.
I'll definitely be staying again on my next visit to SLO.
Guest at Room 222

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Blrhead
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed at the Lexington Inn for a one night stop over in San Luis Obispo. It has fairly basic amenities, and is not centrally located, but this is adequately reflected in the price. Seemed to be a problem finding our booking for two rooms made through Expedia, so check in took longer than expected.

Rooms were clean, had complimentary wifi, and came well provisioned with refreshments and toiletries. However the included continental breakfast wasn't particularly appetising, so we went elsewhere.

The pool looked nice, although we didn't get time to check it out properly. Location-wise it's fine and it seemed popular with truckers as is close to the turn off to the freeway, while downtown San Luis Obispo is a leisurely 15-20 minute down hill walk away.

But if we were staying longer in SLO, we would have definitely wanted to book somewhere more central.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends