I had read about the Avenue Inn and its reviews prior to my trip to SLO and was nervous to book as it was recently renovated, under new ownership and the older reviews were terrible. I needed a place for 2 nights so I decided to drop by and see it first hand. First, hotels in SLO are generally overpriced, especially on weekends, and even more so on Cal Poly event weekends. Secondly, I have yet to find a hotel in SLO that is a hotel I would return to due to many being outdated, overpriced for what you get and many not in great locations. The Avenue Inn met all my requirements and I will definitely return. Sol is just a delightful man and his gentle nature and commitment to the renovations convinced me before I even saw the room. My room was very clean and felt fresh and new with a contemporary style. Great bed, pillows and linens. Excellent shower of granite with a rainhead fixture. The AC worked great and the room also had in room coffee machine and hairdryer. There was a continental breakfast provided, but I did not attend as I like to hit up my favorite local coffee shops - all within walking distance. The location is the best as far as walking distance to downtown and the farmer's market. The majority of the hotels in SLO are at the other end of town on Monteray or further south off Los Osos...neither which are walking distance to downtown. I loved being able to easily walk to the coffee shops, retail shops and my favorite sushi restaurant! It is also easy to hop on the 101 right around the corner. This is a renovated motel, so you park in front of your room and the hallways are all exterior walkways of a two story building, so if stairs are difficult or you have a lot of luggage, you may want to request the 1st floor. The price we paid was great for being a hotel in SLO that was new/clean and in a great location. Will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Rooms Brand New. Located 3 blocks to Historic Downtown San Luis Obispo. Walk to restaurants, shopping, movie theater, bars & nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Travel Lodge San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Travel Lodge
- San Luis Obispo Travelodge