“Decent value, always had a sastisfactory experience....”

Super 8 San Luis Obispo
Super 8 San Luis Obispo
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Walnut Creek, California
“Decent value, always had a sastisfactory experience....”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have always been satisfied here during multiple stays over the years while visiting kids attending Cal Poly. Nothing fancy but decent value for the (way overpriced!) SLO market. Our reservation has always been accruate and room availability as per the reservation, room clean, and the desk staff courteous. Includes a nominal morning cont breakfast of cold cereal/milk, danish/bagels, Coffee/Tea and OJ. Again, nothing fancy but meets expectations.

The only real downside I'veexperienced is the parking which is cramped to say the least. At times, we've parked in the street rather than attempt a squeeze into a compact space under the building or between two oversized pick-ups.

Keep expectations aligned for what it is - a Super 8 not the Hyatt!!! Bottom line: this place is decent value for SLO!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I had made prior arraingements on the internet for two beds, non smoking. When we got to the room there was one bed. We told the manager and his wife that a mistake had been made and they accused us of lying. When we showed them the confirmation printout they refused to believe it and again accused us of lying. The owner Amul Soni is the most the rudest least professional person I have ever meet! He refused to sevice our account and kicked us out even though they had taken by credit card and charged it. We went to the Days Inn across the street and were treated like Kings. The lady who checked us in at the Days Inn snickered when we told her the story and said she had heard similar stories before. I will never go to a Super 8 again and the owners are terrible!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rick_hennessy_b71x

Travelers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

La Habra
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I consider Super 8 Motel one of the best budget hotels I've ever stayed in all areas of concerns. I stayed two nights at Super 8 in San Luis Obispo at this time, and it was my second time staying at Super 8 in two years. I highly recommend to stay at this hotel for it has never disappointed me every time I stayed.

Because of the room availability, my room got upgraded without asking, and the location is so close from a freeway (101) with quiteness and comfort. It provides free continental breakfast and free highspeed internet service at a very affordable internet rate, the staff was kind and reliable. Simply. In terms of amenities in the room, it perfectly met my expectations with a decent size of refrigerator/freezer, TV, microwave, iron board, blow hair dryer, and coffee maker in a newly renovated with clean beddings.

So my rating of the hotel is 5!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed for 1 night in this hotel in San Luis Obispo and our stay was nice. We were 4 people and had one room with 2 double beds that was clean. There was also a fridge and a microwave, and free wireless internet. Breakfast is included (continental) and was good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fresno
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We were in San Luis Obispo for an athletic event and were looking for an inexpensive place to stay. It must have been a busy weekend in SLO because most places were charging more than $200. a day for the weekend we were there. This place was not quite that expensive so we chose it. We expected more for the amount of money that was paid. Rooms were small and old with a bar of soap and some shampoo. Towels were thin and needing to be replaced. Breakfast was continental which was okay except by 7:30 there was only 1 piece of fruit left. An hour later some more bruised bananas had been put out. If we had paid under $100 a nite for this place, I probably would not be complaining, but it was much closer to $200 than it should have been!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Visalia, Ca.
Reviewed April 8, 2010

The reservation process was a nightmare. Reserved online thru the Super 8 S website. I luckily wrote down my conf. # during the proc. of reserving even though it stated an email conf. would be sent. I never rec. the email conf.. The canc. policy on web. stated 24hrs. of which i was still within time to cancel. Went to website to cancel and rec. popup that I would need to click the cancellation link in my conf. email or call the hotel at [--]. Well, since I not get a conf. email, I called the Hotel to cancel the reserv. After repeating my last name & spelling it out lit. 5x to the lady that answered the phn was handed off to a man. I stated I needed to cancel my reservation, he responded w/I had to do thru web. I reserved with, I then proc. to explain the web states I need to click link on conf. email, and explained that I never rec. that., Then he went on to state there would be a penalty & that I could not Cancel thru them. So by this point I was frustrated, I asked "how" i was supposed to do it online if I can't w/o the email i never rec....and Just said look...give me a # I can talk to someone about cancelling & I'll Argue with them that they can't charge me a penalty since I am w/in the 24 cancel pol. He asked me to hold, then imagine my suprise we were disconnected! I got into my car, drove to our local Super 8 that my mom has worked for over 20yrs. & asked her for help! She contacted him , he told her that he cancelled the reservation and there would be no penalty (which was bogus anyways). She asked for cancellation conf. # and he refused to give & said it would be sent via email. I came home checked emails Hmm..No email. So, I then had to call MAIN 1-800-800-8000 got a hold of someone that did confirm for me that the reservation had been cancelled and she gave me her name and a conf. # for the cancellation. I was very dissappointed the lack of care or concern from even main # I called to finally ensure this was all taken care of after explaining all that had happened and how rude the Man was about the whole thing. Since I know how things work,I know that the Super 8 could've cancelled the reservation w/o such a headache it would have been a simple click of a button, & his giving false info trying to tell people that it's a 48 hrs. cancellation policy, when it is very clear Super8 holds a 24 hrs. cancellation policy. Very dissappointed &glad we chose not to stay there!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Eugene
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We love San Luis Obispo and visit about once each year. This is our new favorite motel in SLO. The problem is we have a tiny dog and very few places in SLO allow dogs. This Super 8 allows the dog, does not put you in a smoking or 'dog' room, and is reasonably priced during the week. Our room was quite clean, had a fridge/microwave, was ok in size for a low priced place, and the lobby had a computer for guest use. Most of all, the location cannot be beat--we love staying on Monterey Street in SLO because of being between downtown and the campus. For the money, and allowing a pet, this place cannot be beat.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple