“worst service”

Super 8 San Luis Obispo
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I gave a review prior to us going again for the second time. The first time was quite pleasent.. However the second time was horrible.
I TAKE BACK ALL I SAID IN MY LAST REVIEW. I will NEVER recommend this hotel again. I NEVER complain, but this visit was horrible. To the point where I contacted the chain system itself. I doubt it did any good.
I believe perhaps there has been a managment change, and this new management is horrible. They do not care about you.
I was there for my wedding/honeymoon. I was thankful when we finally did leave for the Madonna Inn.
Dont waste your money here. I hope they go out of business.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2008

Nice and friendly staff. Great with directions and visitor information. Room was small but OK for one person. Felt safe and secure.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This place was horrible. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone. The staff was horrible and very unprofessional, the room was dingy and poorly lit, and the prices are astronomically expensive.

In the morning, we went over to the complimentary continental breakfast, if you could call it that(a few muffins and bagels and coffee), then we were greeted by the hotel manager from hell, Amul Soni. One of the credit cards that we put the room on hold for was not processing and we explained earlier that the rooms would be paid for with another card. He comes storming into the lobby area and announces to the whole room, that our credit card was declined, in front of other guests(very unprofessional).

The person with the credit card walks in to take care of the situation, and says to our friend "What the heck, we're not even checking out yet?" She goes to the front counter and he screams "Do not tell me what the heck!" even though the comment wasn't directed at him. She explains that she was speaking to someone else and he continues to raise his voice. My friend, who is a non-nonsense type of person, tells him the situation and says that it will be taken care of, then he continues to go off. At this point, she loses her cool and raises her voice as well. He then threatens to phone the police and have them come to take care of the situation. To make a long story short, he didn't call the police and eventually, he somehow calms and we get the person that's paying in and get it taken care of.

I actually saw him have trouble with other guests at the hotel. One person asking for a toothbrush just walked out because he was just ignoring her and another group that had the run around while checking in.

Summary: HORRIBLE and UNPROFESSIONAL manager that is unaware of how to treat customers. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank scottiep1013
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed at the Super 8 expecting just a standard motel and was pleasantly surprised. Check in was easy, front desk clerks were friendly and talkative. Our room was ready (it was 3ish). Room was comfortable, clean with all the standards in working order (tv, mini-fridge, microwave, iron). Bath tub was clean (and white!) and the shower head was a nice custom one. Heater worked though it's only on or off and it got too hot quickly. That's about it, I would recommend it and stay there again for all those that are looking for a nice motel at a really good price point.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2007

DON"T STAY HERE!!
This dirt hole is filthy, reeks of cigarette smoke and is falling apart.
The manager and the front desk help are rude.
The walls are dirty.

If you reserve a non smoking room, they will not give you one when you arrive. The rooms stink so bad that you can't breath.

When I complained, they said they had no other rooms but I could NOT have my money back.

The pool is about the size of a hot tub and although the web sight calls it "heated", it is FREEZING Cold!! There was no one swimming in it for a good reason.

Do yourself a favor and stay at The Sands across the street or even in a different town as there is not much to do in this one.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank punky777
Reviewed March 7, 2007

Booked it on Travelocity for a 10% discount. They gave me a smoking room though I asked for a non-smoking one. The motel is old and needs a facelift. The air-conditioner/heater makes a lot of noise. Location is near lots of food places. Breakfast is normal with pastries and cereals. Its ok, but not the best place.

• Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank jonsgp
Reviewed December 27, 2006

Firstly totally got lost due to expedia pointing out the wrong end of monetery street on the map. Some kind people in town showed us the way.

First impressions were that it was a long way from main part of town. Not walking distance at all.

Secondly the free parking was good.

Thirdly the rooms were clean. Spacious. Being english getting free bottles of toiletries is still a lovely novelty even if it is only the cheap kind.

The room we had was right next to the stairs which was a bit inconvenient as you could hear people coming back to their rooms and walking past your window which felt uncomfortable. You could see into people's rooms.

Breakfast was lovely. I loved the pastries.

Overall if I was on a tight budget I would stay here but if I had more money I'd stay more central to town and maybe somewhere a bit nicer with more atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple