“"Great place to stay"”

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Bakersfield, California
“"Great place to stay"”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I constantly travel to the central coast for business and my number one choice is super 8 motel in San Luis Obispo. The staff is very friendly, excellent management, and the rooms are very clean. Great price for the rooms. I recommend it to anyone traveling through the coast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Motel was OK. Nothing great about the rooms, but they were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was OK, with a good choice. Value for money was fair.
Office lady was unable to process my Wyndham rewards. She was very pleasant, but struggled with the check-in procedure.
We requested a quiet room and was given one.Had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I've been to many Super 8's over the years, some great, and some blahhhh. This one is a solid "very good." It is near the highway and some restaurants, so convenience is not a problem. The room was clean and there were no bed bugs. The continental breakfast was nicely stocked, and clean. The only caution I have for this place is, avoid rooms near the stairwells if you want to sleep in late. But, I guess this is a "given".

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srarakawa
newbury park
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I found Super 8 Motel Super have stayed couple nights and love to go back . The staff's are very friendly and the rooms very clean . It is close to the city and the rates are cheap . I would recomend my friends who would be travelling from LA to San Francisco to stop by and check out the stay .

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mohammed a
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Very well run hotel. Staff helpful and polite. Large room, very clean, nice breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Angie P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in September 2011 as part of a vacation through California. I booked this hotel in part because of the price and good reviews on Trip Advisor, but also because they advertised high speed internet - I was on vacation but still needed to send a few emails every night for work. Also we were only staying for one night, arriving late at night and leaving early in the morning. The lady that greeted us at check-in was helpful, though not particularly cheerful. The room was about what you would expect from a Super 8 - it was certainly large enough, but it could have been cleaner. The carpets looked dirty and the drain in the bath tub was very slow (this always seems to be a problem in cheap hotels and is a sure sign that housekeeping really doesn't care as they should notice that kind of problem right away and report it to a plumber). My biggest complaint was with the internet. I could not connect to Super 8's wifi network, so I called the front desk - the fellow who answered abruptly told me to use the signal from the hotel next door and hung up. I tried that but it was so slow I almost gave up. It took me 5 minutes to log into my GMail. I had a few documents that I needed to send for work which would have taken under 2 minutes on a standard connection (we're talking less than 2MB here), but took almost half an hour. This was extremely frustrating. The breakfast was unappealing as well. The waffle maker was nice, but everything else looked like it was past its prime. My girlfriend poured a bit of the cereal milk into her coffee and it curdled. At that point we decided to just get breakfast on the road. Overall, we weren't too upset as we were really only there to sleep for the night and it was cheap, but I would have been pretty disappointed if I had to stay there any longer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Philly1982

Travelers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Peninsula, Ohio
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Based upon the prevalence of reasonably good reviews, I thought I'd give Super 8 a try as an option for decent, budget lodging in SLO. Wrong choice. Desk staff is apathetic and can barely speak English. Rooms and complex are loud, particularly when filled with college students. Had to take cold shower at 4am because hot water did not work. Otherwise, rooms were about what you'd expect to find at a Super 8. Never again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple