“Bit noisy, otherwise great value”

Super 8 San Luis Obispo
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of Super 8s and it's tough to go wrong. This one was no exception - nice sized room, clean, comfortable, fridge, wi-fi etc. I've seen slightly better breakfast selections but you still had the usual cereal, waffles, toast and muffins. Good location a few minutes drive to downtown too. Excellent value compared to other places in town I looked at.
Only minor gripe was that my room faced the parking lot and was quite near the road so I did get a bit of noise both from the road and from people coming and going in the lot. Not enough to keep you awake but still a bit of a pain. Plenty rooms set further back from the road and also upstairs so nothing you couldn't avoid if you really wanted too.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs and set back from the road
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed at this Super 8 motel for off and on for about 5 weeks working up in San luis Obispo. I stayed at other Motels for this length of time and never went back. I will alway go back to stay here when working in this area. The staff was very friendly and the Managers went well beyond their need to accomodate me and my crew of working men. They offered a great continental breakfast everyday and fresh made waffles and fresh coffee and juices. I am going back to work in this area soon and will definately stay there again. Great value and great location. Walking distants to down town and shopping.
Akian from Corona California

Room Tip: Just ask
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2011

For any budget traveler, the hotel is fine. The problem we had was we only had one of those foam blankets. We asked for another couple, as it was very cold, and were only allowed one extra. So, we did not sleep well at all and froze. The heater was one of those combo air/heat 70s forced air ones that you have to turn off after it warms up. The heater is very loud and we don't like to sleep with them on. Luckily we had extra blankets in the car. The towels were worn down to the fibers as well. But if you aren't picky, you will be fine. Breakfast was fine, but lacking any form of protein. Room was standard. Behind the hotel is a beautiful creek. Go sneak back there, if you get the chance. The mini pool is good for a laugh. Good location.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I had a business trip in San Luis Obispo in February. After reading another review about this place, I decided to make reservations. When I checked in the couple managing it were very friendly. They quickly checked me in and much to my surprise there was a microwave, refridgerator, coffee machine, hair dryer, cable tv, and free internet. They also had breakfast goodies in the the lobby each morning for their guests. My room was VERY clearn. I was really surprised at their friendliness and felt very welcomed. I will be going back there in the summer with friends, but this time for pleasure. Thank you for a pleasant stay! Nora, Santa Clarita, Ca

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I'm a frequent traveler and have seen all levels of service and accomadations in the hotel industry. This Super 8 in SLO is right at the top for a budget minded traveler. GM Amul happily checked me in early and also saved me some cash by giving me a undiscovered discount. The room is also clean and has been significantly revamped for the better over the past two years. Give this place a try.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have always been satisfied here during multiple stays over the years while visiting kids attending Cal Poly. Nothing fancy but decent value for the (way overpriced!) SLO market. Our reservation has always been accruate and room availability as per the reservation, room clean, and the desk staff courteous. Includes a nominal morning cont breakfast of cold cereal/milk, danish/bagels, Coffee/Tea and OJ. Again, nothing fancy but meets expectations.

The only real downside I'veexperienced is the parking which is cramped to say the least. At times, we've parked in the street rather than attempt a squeeze into a compact space under the building or between two oversized pick-ups.

Keep expectations aligned for what it is - a Super 8 not the Hyatt!!! Bottom line: this place is decent value for SLO!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I had made prior arraingements on the internet for two beds, non smoking. When we got to the room there was one bed. We told the manager and his wife that a mistake had been made and they accused us of lying. When we showed them the confirmation printout they refused to believe it and again accused us of lying. The owner Amul Soni is the most the rudest least professional person I have ever meet! He refused to sevice our account and kicked us out even though they had taken by credit card and charged it. We went to the Days Inn across the street and were treated like Kings. The lady who checked us in at the Days Inn snickered when we told her the story and said she had heard similar stories before. I will never go to a Super 8 again and the owners are terrible!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends