We stayed at Quality Suites in San Luis Obispo on the way from San Francisco to LA in November 2013.
The hotel was reasonably-priced, and located close to Route 1. It's on another fairly busy main road, as most of the hotels/motels along here are.
Check in was easy and polite, and I was offered my choice of floor for my room (I chose top floor to avoid noise from above). The room itself was very spacious and had a lounge area with a TV and bar/fridge etc, and a large king-sized bedroom with another TV! The bathroom was also fine. The whole room was clean, comfortable and difficult to find fault with. We had a small balcony, though this only overlooked the main road and other motels, so we weren't ever going to use it.
There is a "manager's reception" with free beer & wine between 5.30pm and 7.30pm, and an outdoor BBQ. We didn't actually use these as we fancied going into town for a drink/food, but it's a nice extra.
There's a pool and hot tub which was under renovation (not a negative as it was November, we'd not have used it anyway), this was in the centre of the complex so overlooked by every room.
The room wasn't particularly quiet - pipe and shower noise from other rooms could be heard and the main road in front could be heard all night - the windows do not do a particularly good job of keeping the sound out.
We got a free newspaper on our door handle, which was a nice touch - annoyingly I found this out when the maid woke us up by repeatedly hammering on our door at 8am to see if we'd left yet.
There is a complimentary breakfast, which we didn't really enjoy much. The cooked stuff wasn't great, and the cold food was very sweet - even cereal tasted a bit funny.
We weren't really sure what to make of this hotel - it had some parts budget hotel (cheap breakfast, noise from pipes/road/other rooms) and some parts really quite nice hotel (large, spacious rooms, friendly staff and the small touches such as the morning paper and drinks reception). I also don't think you'll find a much better hotel along that road in SLO, certainly for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring complimentary breakfast, complimentary beer & wine tasting reception, and a downtown San Luis Obispo location, The Quality Suites San Luis Obispo awaits you with a combination of beautifully appointed suites and an array of area activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Suites San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Quality Inn San Luis Obispo
- Quality San Luis Obispo