“Quirky coffee stop”

Madonna Inn Copper Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Madonna Inn Copper Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 316 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Famous Copper Cafe is popular with tourists and locals alike for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all served in a continental atmosphere. Elaborate woodcarvings, red leather seats, and hand-painted walls create a memorable, unique experience. Adjacent the Copper Cafe, the Madonna Inn Bakery features World Famous cakes, pies, pastries, French pastries, cookies and delightful cookies, all made daily.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were told by a friend from the area that we had to stop there! And it was worthwhile and amazing! The quirkiness is evident from the minute you pull into the car park, with the statues and water features abundant! The cafe itself is 80s bling. But the pies, are to die for! We shared an apple pie and it was delicious! Would love to go back! Oh, don't forget to check out the men's urinal!

Reviewed September 1, 2014

If you've never been to the Madonna Inn, this is definetly a stop you need to make!!!

The Famous Madonna Inn has a Steak house which is like $95 a plate... But from what I heard, it is worth it... However I was here with my family of four... So we opted for the Copper Cafe.

It was way less expensive and the food was abundant. The decorations and the attitude of the wait staff was awesome!!! We had fun and it felt like we were someplace really fancy without having to dress up.

They serve Rock Candy on a stick with your ice tea and hot tea to stir in. So cute!

Must see the Men's restroom in the basement... there were women lined up outside wanting to see the waterfall urinal... it was too funny. My daughters got a kick out of it!

For my wife, two teen daughters, and I... I spent $150 for 4 main courses, salads, a fruit plate appetizer, giant deserts, and tip. I'm not big on spending a lot of money but It was ok as it was the last night of our vacation and it was a fun spot. The deserts are huge by the way!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Brilliant place to stop and have a quick bite or a full dinner, anyone visiting must have a slice of there world famous cake it is out of this world

Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

This is an adorable little cafe that I'm glad we stopped at. I love unique places and this fits that category. It's not terribly unique in it's food and service, but it's a neat experience just looking around the cute pink cottage-like place.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This place screams class, is what someone would say if they were living in the 1980's. San Luis Obispo was meant to be an uneventful overnight stop on our road trip of CA. This place happened to be down the road from our hotel so we decided to check it out. I'm glad we did. The place was very busy with a good mix of couples and families. I can't remember our servers name but he was very good, just the right balance of attentiveness. The food itself is like the décor, old school. We both had the special which was a surf and turf, the surf being a half lobster and the turf being a fillet steak, both gigantic. The lobster was cooked perfectly, one of the best lobsters I've ever had. The steak was good too. I think the meat had been smoked which gave a very strong flavour which I could of done without, but nice all the same. There's a proper dance floor in this place and halfway through our meal a full swing band started playing. Anyone can get up and dance but we were content to sit and watch the pros. We asked our server who these brilliant dancers were and turns out there's a college dance group that come and practice. They were great to watch. To conclude, a great meal and a great experience.

1  Thank SR00N