Garden Street Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Homestead Motel(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Los Padres Motel(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Sunbeam Motel(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Villa Motel(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bperfect location to enjoymunicipal lotdelightful place to stayheart of downtownroom downstairscookiesthursday nightfarmers marketbed and breakfastwithin walking distancetwo blocksfirst flooredna valleyquiet at nightno elevatorthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Garden Street Inn is a really nice and beautiful B&B. The main attraction are the rooms: each room has it's own device. They are arranged with much love for details. The B&B is in the centre of San Luis Obispo (such a nice little city full of stuents!). The breakfast is not very big, but pretty good tasting!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed for one night. The desk person was friendly and helpful. Parking next door ($7.50 charge which we did not know until we got the bill) The location cannot be beat. Right in the historic part of town. We walked to dinner. No safety issues. The next morning we walked around town and to the train station. The needs improvement - details in the cleaning were missing. Our bed was clean and comfortable but the carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed and the bathroom floor corners could use a brush. Breakfast was average. Disappointed in the choice of thawed frozen fruit instead of fresh...especially in California.

Room Tip: Do not get The Lovers room. It has no windows and is dingy. Get a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I were driving from San Francisco thru to Los Angeles with a stop on the way. We hadnt booked anywhere, we thought we would just find a town that we thought looked nice and find somewhere. We drove into San Luis Obispo and used Google to find a few places close...and ended up here.

From the moment we walked in the lady who was on the Reception desk was extremely pleasant, courteous and helpful. She had a room available and as my husband hauled in our 3 massive bags, small carry on bag and small day pack, I signed us in.

Being a bit cheeky, I did ask for the "Nice Guys discount" - after all, they hadnt made any effort to get us in the door, and we were there only one night...she obliged and knocked $10.00 off the rate..yay..thankyou.

I asked for recommendations on dinner places, she asked what type of dining experience we were after...I told her I was a Vegetarian, but husband wasnt....she came up with a few for us to choose....she had a copy of one places menu for us to look over.

Husband duly arrived in with all our bags...which she offered to help us with to get to our room...thankfully on the ground floor...when she saw the size of them, she decided we werent really going to get them into the room easily...so upgraded us to the Dollie McKeen suite..which was gorgeous.

the room had a massive bath in it, gas fire and plenty of room.
we headed off to Novo for dinner, which was a great choice..thanks to the Receptionist for letting us know about it.

Next morning, after a great sleep, no noise issues for us.. we were up for breakfast, which was a bit disappointing. The owner served breakfast, and a different receptionist was assisting. The lipstick on the coffee mug was a shame, the scrambled eggs werent the best and a I struggle with filter coffee.....but the juice was fine. We did however head to a local place for a better espresso and a croissant to tide us over.

A better home cooked breakfast would have made a huge difference to this place. As would an attentive host..seemed more interested in the receptionist than chatting to his guest. A really good clean in the room wouldnt hurt either...a bit of dust and a few grubby marks on the walls, nothing too serious, but its those little things that B&B's normally do extremely well in my opinion.

A great stay all the same...but a few things to improve..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Garden Street Inn in July, 2012. We were told by the Innkeeper, John, to park in a nearby parking lot and to put the Inn's business card on our dashboard. When we went checked out two days later, we had received a Parking Citation. When John was told of the situation he replied that he had told us to only park on the 2nd floor and not to park at a parking meter. The three of us were present when he told us where to park and he never mentioned anything other than giving us directions to the lot. When we checked out, he displayed a very poor attitude and took the Parking Citation from us saying that "he would take care of it". Yesterday, I received a Citation in the mail from the City of SLO indicating that the citation had not been paid by the Inn. I have written to the Inn directly but have yet to receive a reply from them. I am currently attempting to contact the owners of the property to advise them of the situation as I feel they should be aware of the issues at the Inn. If the issue is resolved prior to August 26th (the due date of the citation), I will update this review.
I recommend giving serious thought before booking at this Inn.

Room Tip: The front room is too noisy with street traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay with everything from the unique rooms, updated but with original charm, to the familiar athmosphere. Absolutely worth a visit and a deviation. SLO also a nice town . At total- our visit in SLO and Garden Street Inn was a very pleasant surprise and we can absolute recommend it to future visitors. Family Hellgren (5 persons) from Sweden

• Stayed: July 2012