“Excellent Bar with Great Music!”

Black Sheep Bar & Grill
Ranked #42 of 309 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Beautiful bar and grill with cozy atmosphere, open every day year round from 11am until 2am. Great food for lunch and dinner at affordable prices. Voted best salsa, best cocktails, and one of the best bar menus in the county! Happy Hour daily 3-6pm Enjoy our patio dining
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very Warm/Friendly Bar - must for an after dinner drink or two!

Reviewed June 16, 2011

I love the pub mac and cheese and enjoy the martinis. Nicole is behind the bar at lunch and always has a shirley temple going when she sees me walk in. I love it here. It's also great to go to at night. I don't enjoy the bars where beers might get spilled onto me because it is so crowded and there is no where to sit. This place has a great little outdoor garden with white lights and the inside is nice and cozy with a little fireplace int he corner for cold days. :)

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I always thought the Black Sheep was your typical upscale bar - and being that, of not much interest to me. I've passed it many times, thought it looked like a classy pub, but what I mostly noticed was the bar and all the people hanging out at the bar. On that basis alone - I stayed away.
Believe it or not but it took my 74 year old mother who is a total FOODIE to get me in the doors to this place, and now that I've discovered it - I, too, am SOLD! Mom told me that she would be ordering her 'regular' the Mac 'n Cheese, which sounded a little weird - I mean how many people go out to dinner to order up Mac 'n Cheese... ALOT apparently. Mom suggested I try a burger. I'm a huge burger lover, but restrict myself to them only a few times a year, otherwise we're talking addiction/compulsion burger binges. Eyeing the menu I decided to go for the Guinness Burger.
Our food arrived promptly and the service was friendly. We sat out on a lovely brick patio covered in green ivy. Mom's eyes twinkled as she told me I was in for a surprise. Shortly our food arrived and the servings were quite hearty. Mom agreed to share her mac with me if I'd give her half my burger- hmmmm. Tough decision, but she assured me it was a good trade. Thus provisioned we dug in and enthusiastically finished every last bite! My burger was probably the best I've ever had - the flavor of the guinness reduction sauce did something ethereal to the beef and the bun was super fresh and flavorful. Mom's Mac was an oddity - guess I was raised on the cardbox kind because I've never tasted anything so creamy, yet with a smooth, kind bite of what types of cheeses (they wouldn't tell us - but said there were 5).
Guess it is true: Mother knows Best. Now that I've tried two things on the menu, I'll definitely be back to try more. Unless you're going for the bar action, suggest you visit during lunch through early evening hours. After that the place seems to get taken over by people more into drinking than eating.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

We came here just for drinks and enjoyed ourselves. Service was fast and friendly. The drinks weren't super cheap (it wasn't happy hour), but they were strong and we were happy. We decided not to order food but wish we had as we had a horrible experience down the street elsewhere for dinner.

Reviewed September 23, 2009

Great meatball sandwich. The floors are wooden and a little moldy smelling so they need a re-finish but great back patio.