“Tasty and Flavorful”

Oasis Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #100 of 308 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Moroccan, mediterranean, middle eastern, greek, vegetarian, vegan , Halal, restaurant and catering
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Food was flavorful and somewhat spicy. I enjoyed the Gyro Wrap which was quite delicious but a little messy. My wife enjoyed the Morocccan Shrimp Curry which she said was "Wonderful" but perhaps a little spicy even though she specifically asked that it be "Mild". Service was a little slow even though the was only one other party in the restaurant while we were there.

oasisrestaurant, Owner at Oasis Restaurant & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, I agree with you sometimes shrimp curry can be spicy. As you may know that the curry is a mix of (all spices, coriander, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper...) and sometimes the cayenne pepper can be very spicy and about the service sometimes when you rush customers they might think you want them to get out quicker. Please if you are in hurry we can prepare your food at no time just mentioned that to your server. If you are happy, we are happy.
karim

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Small unpretentious place. Their baseline food starts with a little spiciness so ask for before ordering if you are sensitive. Quantity is fine. They can be slow, so if there are a lot of people who have ordered ahead of you be prepared to wait.

ChefANDOwnerKarim, Owner at Oasis Restaurant & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

Thank you for your nice review and we hope to see you again at Oasis.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went with a vegan and the vegan was happy, but I thought the food was just OK and the service was sloppy. Honestly, I make better middle eastern food at home.

I am glad that you can make a better middle eastern food at your home. Just keep in mind that we are not competing with you. Yes, we have been in business for over 18 years and most people like our cuisine, but there is always room for improvements. Our goal is to please every single customer who visited our restaurant.
Chef / owner Karim.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I've always end up finding my self here whenever I come to San Luis Obispo. As a vegan, I am extremely tired of hummus and tofu, yet I am always looking for fulfilling food that is natural and not processed. The Royal Couscous and Tagine are amazing! Filled with vegetables and herbs and spices. I also ordered lemon herbed fried chips.... Oh my!!!!! It was sooooo good! A must! The best way to end this amazing meal is by ordering Moroccan mint tea and Seoul... This dessert isn't for everyone, a required taste. It is filled with various nuts and special Arabic spices and herbed..... But it is amazing!!!! Definitely try this place. Oh, and yes, they have near dishes and sandwiches :).

I want to thank you for your review and just to let you know that my next menu will have a new vegan/vegetarian flavors to treat my vegan customers.
Chef / Owner Karim

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Some of my favorite Mediterranean food in the area. Oasis is especially fun to visit on Thursday Farmer's Market nights with a window seat and lots of spectating opportunities!

Thank you for your nice review and we hope to see you again at Oasis.