“Quiet Time for Lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Los Osos, California
“Quiet Time for Lunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We read about La Locanda in the local newspaper and dicided to try it for lunch. It is small, intimate with white table cloth's and chamber music in the background. There was a good selection of items for the lunch menu as well as four specials that all sounded good. I went for the fettuccini basil pesto which was elegant and prepared perfectly. The focaccia with olive oil and balsamic was an excellent start for both of us. My wife opted for the standard lunch selection of soup and salad. It was very good and the minestrone was a good balance of broth and vegetables. The service by Oriana was prompt and cheerful.
We will be back especially if we are looking for a nice spot for a quiet lunch or a romantic dinner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gene H

San Luis Obispo, California
“More Green Beans Please”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This little Italian restaurant on historic Garden Street in San Luis Obispo, is a winner! Simple, charming, great wait staff and chefs, and a good selection of offerings.

I had sea bass with potatoes and fresh green beans. We shared a good bottle of Tolosa (no oak) wine. Others had the lasagna with bolognese sauce and it got high marks for taste, second only to a favorite restaurant in Rome. Another friend had a vegetarian pasta and arugula salad, which was tasty and fresh. The other guest at our table also had the sea bass and she mentioned later on that the green beans were her favorite part of the meal. Figure that one out?

Chocolate mousse was fabulous, but the lemon tart left me cold.

I'd return again and again, but wish they'd dim the lights a bit so that I wouldn't feel like I was being questioned by the KGB.

• Visited February 2014