“Good food”

Add it.
Vallarta's Mexican Food
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have eaten here several times. The food is good and the servers are very nice. The restaurant was on the warm side, but we recommend it and it is frequented by the locals.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here and really enjoyed the dinner.
I had the chicken fajitas and she had a chicken dinner as well.
We took plenty home afterwards for lunch the next day.
The food is tasty, it was served hot and quickly.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I expected an average Mexican restaurant, but found the food, prices, and service here to be wonderful. I decided to eat here a couple of nights, back to back.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife wanted Mexican asked the desk clerk at the hotel we were staying said none in SLO. But, my WIFE wanted MEXICAN food. So we stoped here the next day we were all sick not feeling good. But, the hotel we stayed at served us a great breakfast to make us feel a little better.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

After a SLO shopping spree we decided to try this restaurant since we had a 50% off coupon and enjoy trying new restaurants. The front of the restaurant appeared clean and well organized. The service was good but not great. Our server was alone trying to juggle the front and back of this establishment. Efficient but obviously unable to keep up with the few diners there for lunch. The chips and salsa were anything but Mexican in flavor. Tomatoes pureed with little else. I asked for Salsa Picante and was told they were out yesterday but the cook did make us a small bowl which was tomatillo based.
I ordered the Chile Relleno plate at $12.95 with beans and rice. My husband ordered Carne Azada with a quesadilla, no beans or rice $13.95. Also no tortillas are offered with your meal.
My Chile Rellenos appeared to be pre made from Smart and Final. The sauce was unusual and very bland. The Beans were okay but not what I am used to. The Carne Azada was tough but the onoins and peppers on top gave it a little flavor.
All in all I guess it was okay but the question I always ask is "would you come back?" I have to say the answer is NO! Nor would I recommend going out of your way to find Vallarta's if you are looking for a tasty Mexican meal. I know there will be others who love this cuisine and understand I am only one person with high expectations when I dine out.