See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 3, 2011

when we walked into the room the smell was so bad I wanted to vomit, I booked this room because it looked so nice from the outside (THE POOL),I didn't read the reviews because we made reservation to take the train and I wanted to stay over night so I needed to get a room asap. the toilet didn't work,no tub,didn't look clean! because I booked online I couldn't get my money back,WE DID NOT STAY THERE !!!!!!!!!!

Room tip: go to days inn best room and rate
Date of stay: April 2011
4  Thank badtrip1234
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We stayed in this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area. Plus the hotel gave us a discounted rate (we haggled for the discount with the owner). This is a very old, tired, run down motel. It desperately needs refurbishing! Old beds, bedding, towels (we decided to use our own), carpet, walls, the list is long. We saw the room before we paid for it so it wasn't a surprise to us! Like i said, we picked this place because of the cheap rate. Free wifi included and grab & go breakfast, which was a disgrace (old quartered muffins and watery tepid coffee). Parking is outside directly outside of the motel.

Date of stay: January 2011
4  Thank JDWatson
Reviewed January 10, 2011

There is not way this hotel has 2 stars! We stayed here with our daughter who attends Cal Poly and our 10 year old son back in August, 2010 and it was disgusting. We would not even consider sleeping under the bedspread for the two nights we were here as scared. The toilet in the bathroom would move on the floor, mold in the shower and the flooring was coming up. We spent almost $130 a night for this? No way would I ever spend another night in a dump like this again but we had no choice as everything else was booked up. I am not sure where the Suite was in this place but it is a joke. I would rather sleep in my car than stay in this place again!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank EricBellevue
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I dont want to knock this place, but I have to speak the truth. Rooms were ok, they were clean which is a good start. Decor really could do with some updating. The beds were not that great, I kept itching all night but had no bites on me in the morning. So I cannot confirm if there were bugs in the bed.. Breakfast was.... how can I put this... Breakfast wasn't I should really say. A coffee machine with a couple of cakes in a container that was it. I walked out when I saw what was on offer and laughed outside.. Anyhow very basic but would not go back.

3  Thank GarethSouthampton
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed in SLO town for 3 nights, the hotel is a brisk walk from the main street hiquera with all the shops. Loads of nice looking food places and bars too! Opposite the hotel is also Jack in the Box, Taco Bell and Burger king, so you will never be short of food.

The room was a quite big room and suited our needs well. The sheets were clean and the bed was comfy. The room could do with abit of sound proofing as noise travels pretty easily. The pool is not quite as youd expect its v small with only 2 deckchairs and not very well kept which was a dissapointment as it was 35 degree heat.
Breakfast was coffee, cake and orange juice which you picked up from reception and so wasnt brilliant.

If you need somewhere cheap and clean to stay for the night here is the place. I cant complain about the little things because for $50 a night for 2 people. It is not the ritzand there was noticeable improvement needed but for the price you pay.. it was pretty good value!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends