“Really tasty food in a great setting”
Review of Novo

Novo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad st.
Description: Set against a rich eclectic backdrop, Novo's international flavors are the leading ingredients in an exotic dining experience. Located downtown San Luis Obispo in a historic turn of the century building with spectacular creekside dining. Multi award winning restaurant for food, service and ambiance. Extensive global and local wine and beer selection. Novo easily accommodates large parties either on one of the patios in in their lower level "cellar room". A favorite with both locals and tourists, Novo is a truly a San Luis Obispo experience.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Novo was recommended to us by a friend and the Inn where we were staying. We were able to sit creek side behind the big tree. It made for a lovely setting to hear the water babble by. My husband and I each had the salmon bisque for a starter and he had the lamb and I had the duck. Both excellent. Cautionary note, the duck is spicy. Our server, Kelsey was attentive, gracious and helpful. She helped make our experience really wonderful.

1  Thank joangosewisch
Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Obviously popular place which may have accounted for our server's distractions. Food was not consistent around the table but better than average. Very nice setting. Best thing going for this place.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in SLO. Lovely location by the stream, friendly waitstaff and delicious fresh food.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Recent visit with friends proved to be a perfect March meal, alfresco. Wonderful service, creative food, appetizing presentation while dinning above the creek in S.L.O. I would rank this an excellent, save that I have changed my ranking criteria. I'm over 60 years old and have had but a handful of truly excellent dinning experiences. I have raised the bar so to speak. I highly recommend this restaurant and when I'm in SLO, this will be my "go-to". Ah, yes, very good wine list also.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I think Novo is one of the best restaurants in town for ambiance but I find their food to be over-priced for the quality. I am never impressed by their food. Their bacon Bloody Mary on the other hand is awesome. So go here for drinks on the patio and it's a great time!