“Casual, Delicious Food Overlooking The Creek”
Review of Novo

Novo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad st.
Description: Set against a rich eclectic backdrop, Novo's international flavors are the leading ingredients in an exotic dining experience. Located downtown San Luis Obispo in a historic turn of the century building with spectacular creekside dining. Multi award winning restaurant for food, service and ambiance. Extensive global and local wine and beer selection. Novo easily accommodates large parties either on one of the patios in in their lower level "cellar room". A favorite with both locals and tourists, Novo is a truly a San Luis Obispo experience.
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Had Lunch On The Deck Overlooking The Creek. The Food Was Great, The Service Was Great, The Sun And SceneTOo. Recommend The Salmon Bisque.

There are newer reviews for Novo

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I had a light lunch here on St. Patrick's Day, and despite the drunken din coming from the Irish pub next door, we enjoyed the food and the creek-side dining area. We had the salmon bisque, paseo chili empenadas and the crabcakes. All were very good.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Novo is amazing. The service and food was awesome. The setting by the creek is romantic. Great selection of vegetarian food. The chow nova with tofu was delicious. Wine list is great too. Would definitely return.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were visiting San Luis Obispo where my husband went to school where we fell upon the Novo restaurant while browsing TripAdvisor. We made reservations for that night through Open Table - everything went amazingly well from check in for dinner to leaving. Food arrived hot, flavorful and on time - the service was excellent. The prawns were wonderful as was the stuffed quail - we would eat here again and will recommend this restaurant to others - keep up the wonderful work Novo!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I shared an excellent lunch on the patio. We giggled at the heat lamps - being from Chicago, high 50's in March is bikini weather! :P But the patio is what makes this place. It's really cute to sit out by the creek.

We each had a sandwich. I had the portobello mushroom burger and he had the salmon sandwich. Both were tasty but I thought mine was better. I also paid an extra $2 for the Salmon Bisque, which was delicious but I'm not sure it was worth the extra money. He had he mixed greens salad and the dressing that come on it was delicious. Our lunch came with little bread bites with oil and vinegar.

Service was friendly and great!

I'd love to come back for dinner and sit on the patio. I can see how the lights, delicious food and beautiful SLO breeze would make for a magical meal!

1  Thank Erin M