“Unique food choices, excellent atmosphere, great place!”
Review of Novo

Novo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad st.
Description: Set against a rich eclectic backdrop, Novo's international flavors are the leading ingredients in an exotic dining experience. Located downtown San Luis Obispo in a historic turn of the century building with spectacular creekside dining. Multi award winning restaurant for food, service and ambiance. Extensive global and local wine and beer selection. Novo easily accommodates large parties either on one of the patios in in their lower level "cellar room". A favorite with both locals and tourists, Novo is a truly a San Luis Obispo experience.
San Diego, California
“Unique food choices, excellent atmosphere, great place!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ate here on the back patio by the river on a VERY cold night in December. They had more heaters deployed out there than I've ever seen, and the experience was surprisingly pleasant. Our waiter was a bit hurried and overwhelmed (it was a busy night), but the service was nonetheless acceptable, and we were in a rush anyway and he complied with that.

The FOOD was great. Very original and varied menu with something for everyone. The ambiance back there, by the gurgling river, was excellent. I had a Caribbean red beans and rice with shrimp dish and it was steaming hot and the perfect thing for a chilly night. My wife had crab cakes and a salad, and both were excellent. I can't wait to go back to this place, as it's going to become our new SLO staple.

• Visited December 2012

Fort Worth
“Novo is a great creek side restuarant.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate here with family in December during the Farmer's Market Festival. The creek side table with heaters was so nice! The food was wonderful! My husband had steak and I had the spinach and ricotta ravioli. Our kids had the quail. The food was great and we loved the atmosphere- we loved our visit!

Menlo Park, California
“Unexpected magic place”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wonderful place, the food is very good, slightly sophisticated, it isn't a place for a quick meal. The patio alongside the creek transforms a very good restaurant into a unique place. It has kids menu so the entire family can enjoy the place

San Luis Obispo
“Location great, food ok”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have eaten here over the years and sometimes I say to myself I don't intend to go back, and I don't very often. But it comes down to location and ambience (try to get a creekside table if the weather is nice) and they do have a good vegetarian selection. Ate there again for my birthday lunch, that's where friends wanted to take me. Don't get me wrong, it's never bad and always seems consistent, it's just not remarkable.
The spring rolls are always safe, I would not bother with the potato samosas and I've had much better lettuce wraps. I got the salmon focaccia and enjoyed the pickles, that really made the sandwich.
It was cold there and I jokingly asked the waitperson if they had blankets and lo and behold he brought cushions and blankets for us all. Nice!
I have a hard time rating this place, its good enough, I just wish it was better.
Oh, and I didn't get a complimentary birthday dessert, my friends ordered one for me but paid for it. I thought that was custom?!?

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank susieQbee
Atascadero, California
“Always great”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I've been here several times and the service, quality of food, and ambiance are always consistent. I try to order something different every time since the menu has a great variety of items. I have never been let down and definitely recommend this place.