“Not missing a thing! ”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Hanford, California
“Not missing a thing! ”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé & I stayed Windsor Suite which was very spacious! Everything was great starting with the check in. We arrived before check in time but the lovely front desk girl Alexis informed us that our room was ready and that we could check in early. We are local and wanted to get out of town but still stay close to home so this was perfect. My fiancé and I we're celebrating our 3rd anniversary together and we asked Alexis for dinner recommendations and she recommended Novo which was excellent! We can't thank you enough! After we came back from dinner we enjoyed the amenities in the room: fireplace, jet tub and curled up and watched tv on the flat screen which was quite big. The details in the room were spot on, it felt like we were in another country. We will definitely be back because of the great hospitality and accommodations!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Maacah O
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It means so much when guests appreciate the service we offer. I am so happy you chose to spend a special celebration here with us and look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

Thank you again and have a great Summer!

June

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I'm not big on writing reviews online, but I believe on giving credit when credit is due. I stayed in the Plantation room of this little b&b. The room was spacious and very cleanly. Also the staff was very helpful and attentive as she was serving us breakfast and helping guests in the front. The breakfast lady was very nice and definitely helped us feel at home! I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank 171Kate
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much! I love to hear such great comments about our staff. We try very hard to provide an excellent service and thank you for recognizing that.

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you a wonderful summer.

St. John's, Antigua
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Room key did not work. Should I have called the fire dept. No employee on site. New foreign ownership. What would happen if this issue occurred at 1:00 am? Apparently the place was taken over by Pacific rimmers, YONG OH,. The previous couple that built and owned the place for the previous 10 years were excellent and professional. Someone is apparently pinching pennies, at the safety and expense of repeat guest. How can you operate an establishment w/o any staff on property. Beware, not safe- thankfully this situation could have been dangerous for tourist with limited communication abilities. Completely inappropriate to not have some type of security/employee on property. Inn is now run by students. good luck!

Room Tip: If you can find a vacancy at Madonna Inn, Garden St, or Granada Hotel bistro, much safer for couples...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ned b
Thank you for expressing your feelings on Tripadvisor. I would hate to think that you were so upset and I was unaware of it. As you know I did call the guest and discuss this whole situation with her and assure her that we will do everything possible to avoid a situation like this happening again, including a lock service. To answer a few of these points I would like to mention that I have been working at San Luis Creek Lodge over the last eight years. I worked for the previous owner and for the last three years I have worked for the new owner. All efforts have been made to keep our guest services the same as they were over the last ten years. We have never had staff on site 24 hours a day. We have always had someone available and ready to answer the emergency phone and come to the property if necessary. I am by no means a student, I am a mature person in my fifties. We do employ some students and feel we are fortunate to have a plentiful student workforce in San Luis Obispo. We take advantage of that and employ intelligent, energetic young people to work here. Sometimes things do go wrong no matter how cautious one is and how hard you work to prevent it. We will take steps to try to stop a repeat of the situation experienced and can only again apologize for the inconvenience and stress caused. I absolutely appreciate your choice to stay with us. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this any further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I'm a critical person; just ask my wife. I'm also a bit demanding and thrifty. My wife and I were completely pleased with the accommodations. We stayed in the Craftsman Style building. The rooms were tastefully appointed and clean. They had all the amenities - microwave, small fridge, flat screen TV, plus a whirlpool tub, which was welcome after a day of exploring. The staff was polite and attentive, and the breakfast was first rate. You special order the eggs so they arrive fresh and hot when served. All this for a very reasonable room rate. Great value. We'll return.

• Stayed June 2014
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it! I am very happy you had a good time with us and look forward to hosting you in the future if you return to our area. Always feel free to call to discuss the rooms we have available.

Have a wonderful summer!

Carmel
Reviewed May 31, 2014

San Luis Creek Lodge is a nice place to stay when in SLO. Nice amenities like a microwave and small frig in the room. Pleasant decor and the overall feel of an upscale B&B as opposed to a hotel. Enjoyed the breakfast as there was a good amount of variety. We are repeat visitors who will be back.

Room Tip: The Plantation building in the back of the property is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to host you again and appreciate your kind comments. The microwave can be a nice addition as we have movies and popcorn available in our lobby.

Please come and visit us again. The town has lots to offer, especially in the summer season!

Thanks again,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hubby and I stayed here for two nights of our California road trip. Easy to find, great location. Reception was very welcoming, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very very good. I am a bit of a perfectionist and work in construction, and I have never stayed in a hotel with such attention to detail and beautifully furnished room. (Even a chandelier in the stairwell outside the building!) Very high standard room at a reasonable price. Breakfast was hot and plentiful, only downside was there didn't seem to be enough seats for the number of guests, but we managed to get a table, others had to wait. Good parking and overall a really great stay. SLO is a lovely town too-apparently the happiest place to be in the USA.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for writing your comments here. It is great for us to know that our guests appreciate the attention to detail here. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Have a wonderful summer, and thanks again!

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night to see some friends in SLO, will return next time I'm in town! The staff was courteous and helpful, the room was very clean and the breakfast in the morning was much more than I expected. Special thanks to the manager, June, for answering some questions about the town and for scrambling up some eggs for me for breakfast!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex M
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure to have you and we are happy you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful summer!