“Early Morning Wake Up Call” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Luis Creek Lodge

San Luis Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Simi Valley, California
“Early Morning Wake Up Call”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Room was beautiful and clean, It's on the far end of town, not really walking distance to downtown but there was an Irish Pub and Mexican restaurant that were walking distance. The staff was friendly and outgoing. They have a small selection of movie rentals you can check out for Free + Free HBO access. Our only complaint was that housekeeping was vacuuming the room adjacent to ours at 8:30 AM on a Sunday morning and it woke us up! Not sure what time they should start but 8:30 on a Sunday seemed TOO EARLY for a WAKE UP CALL. Would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd level and didn't hear anyone except for the housekeeping at 8:30 AM.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
June M, General Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for my delay in getting back to you. I have been on vacation. I also apologize for your early wake-up call. I do remember that this was at the time that our clocks moved forward for daylight savings time...adding to the problem. I will ensure that we are more sensitive to our guests need for quiet in the early hours in the future. I am happy that otherwise your stay was enjoyable. Glad to hear you checked out our free movies, I have added some new releases that you can check out if you visit us again. We'd love to have you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed there 2/22 & 2/23. Nice room small but it had a fireplace, microwave and fridge. Only problem the fridge is next to the bed and is very noisy . Breakfast is provided they have the usual continental breakfast, but will cook eggs or waffles if you ask. This is the second time we have stayed there. About the same price as the Marriott and similar hotels,but it is walking distance to town. Would stay there again

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Whitechocmocha
Thank you for taking the time to write your response. We do try to provide something a little different here with our themed buildings and individual furnishings in each room. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I think we have a good variety of items now with our scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes and slow cooked oatmeal. If you return please call us and we will be happy to discuss all room options available for the dates you are interested in.
Thank you again!
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just stayed at the San Luis Creek Lodge as we were passing through on our way south. We spoke with Brandon upon check in who was very accommodating. We were in the first building upstairs. We walked into the room and the first thing we said was "wow, this is beautiful". Our room had an English theme. Fireplace, double sinks, comfortable beds, and an amazing breakfast. Walking distance to downtown SLO where we had a great dinner. Complimentary WiFi with easy connection. It was more than we had hoped for. We would definitely return. It's a great town with a lot of character.

Room Tip: The three separate building have different themes. From authentic to contemporary.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HOLATRAVELER
SanLuisCreekLodge, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. We are fortunate to live in such a lovely part of the world. I hope you get an opportunity to stay with us again in the future. We have added a few touches to our breakfast so I am so glad you enjoyed it.
Pierce, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

the manager (june) went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect!!!!!!
the room was very nice, and the brakefast was great!!!!
we will be comming back.....i do wish that tripadvisor did'nt make me have to use 200 characters.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your very kind comments. We appreciate your taking time out of your day to let us know how your stay went. We hope to see you in the future if you are in this beautiful area again.
Manhattan Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We specifically booked a King Premium Fireplace room. When we checked in, the college student running the desk assigned us to the Plantation Building. We drove to the back of the property, opened the door, and found not only no fireplace, but a very cramped room with no fireplace. I promptly called the front desk and asked if there had been a mistake. The student said that while there were fireplace rooms available our first night, the next night they were sold out. I asked that they just give us the fireplace room or provide a discount on the rate. The student said that the rooms reserved for Friday/Saturday had been reserved before ours, so that we shouldn't have been able to book the fireplace room. I said that was fine, just give us the $40 lower rate, I understand these things happen... etc. He said we were already getting a low rate and he couldn't do anything about it. I spoke to another student in charge of the desk upon checkout and they couldn't do anything about it.

Bottom line: I paid for a premium King fireplace room and got a standard king. To add insult to injury, the "free" wi-fi in the plantation building does not work. I had to go up to the front office to use the wi-fi to complete a work assignment. The front desk clerk said their IT guy "might" be in the next day (after I had spent 2 days without connectivity).

I dutifully filled out the survey card upon leaving, but more than a month later, I have heard nothing from the management/owners. It was probably thrown in the trash...... Wouldn't stay here again as I did not get what I paid for.

Room Tip: Plantation building while nice, does not get wi-fi on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank Penny F
SanLuisCreekLodge, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I took over management of San Luis Creek Lodge in January. I can only apologize for the issues and resolve to stop them from happening again. Your information is very valuable to me and I will ensure that I deal with these shortcomings. You seemed to be more than reasonable and again I can only apologize. We have fixed our internet problem and it will be my mission to ensure that guest's expectations are fulfilled in the future. Should you wish to speak to me at any time I would be delighted.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I travel to SLO for business at least once a month and always stay at this quaint B&B. My company found this property for me online, and from my first stay I fell in love with it. Their rooms are set up like a European B&B with the latest U.S. amenities. Roomy showers, two sink powder room, comfy beds and some rooms even feature a fireplace.

Their breakfast is always prepared fresh. Try their waffles, with real maple syrup! The breakfast selection can use some fresh fruit, but otherwise totally beats any continental b-fast at a chain hotel.

There is no business center, but the front desk is accommodating for light print jobs. For business people who arrive late, the lock-box is particularly convenient. Look forward to enjoying the serenity of the property on a personal holiday sometime!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back building are awesome. The second floor even has a small patio in the room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really do appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We have been serving fresh grapefruit recently along with the other fruits and for your information we also have a 'to go" breakfast option now which may be useful for you if you are ever a little short of time.
San Gabriel, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this lodge 12/27-29, 2012. We were surprised with the layout upon driving up. Very crowded with 3 buildings on this small strip of land. There is only one way in and one way out. We stayed at the Plantation lodge which the last building in the back. The room was nicely decorated but the bed was uncomfortable, the pillows flat and the lighting poor. At breakfast there was no room to sit, very small area. Once seated the rolls were gone, juice & milk warm and we were not told we could order waffles & eggs to cook. When we did finally order eggs they were brought on a saucer plate. After a visit to Bishops Peak we came back to damp towels in the room. For the price we paid we should have had better not to mention the website pictures are misleading. We will not be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple