“Best clam chowder and bread bowl”

Splash Cafe and Artisan Bakery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Splash Cafe ~ Artisan Bakery is located in San Luis Obispo, CA. In 2005, we opened this second location in San Luis Obispo and expanded to include an artisan bakery too! The bakery features artisan breads, pastries & desserts baked fresh daily. Each item from the bakery is carefully created and guaranteed to delight your senses.The café has a larger selection of salads and specialty sandwiches as well as signature ‘sun pizzas’! Come and enjoy!
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking to eat clam chowder in a bread bowl, find a Splash Cafe nearly. We always go to either location in SLO when we go to the coast, as the one in Pismo is always packed.

1  Thank Brooke B

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Their Clam Chowder is the best I have ever had. Fried clams are good too. The Chowder is also available frozen as a take home item- it is also faboosh! I go here every time I'm in SLO.

1  Thank Christina2262
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

I was told to order a cup of the chowder. So I did and I ordered a cod sandwich. The was some of the best I have ever had. So good and rich that it filled me up all by itself and that really upset me because the fish sandwich was incredible, two large thick cod filets with a delicate starter sauce, lettuce and tomato. I could only taste how moist and perfectly cooked it was before I could not take another bit. I wonder how good will it be tomorrow for breakfast?

Reviewed August 17, 2017

We had the clam chowder here during our 3 week trip through California, Vancouver and Alaska and this was definitely the best one we have ever had. So creamy and not full of potato like some we have had on our trip. If you are in San Luis Obispo it’s a must. I can fully understand why they have won awards. The cakes are good, too!!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Local coffee brewed. Delicious breakfast burritos with homemade salsa. Only went for breakfast but would love to go back and try some of their bakery goods as well as their chowder.
Cute ambiance and great for take out.