“Great food and service!”
Review of Ciopinot

Ciopinot
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciopinot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

What a find! Great food and a variety of menu selections. Bonus: bring in a local wine and there's no corkage fee. Aching for a wonderful dessert? Be sure to try the blueberry crisp!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ciopinot is the second restaurant the owner has opened in the area. It is FABULOUS!

Aside from having great ambience and beautiful interior architecture, the place specializes in (can you guess?) Pinot Noir and seafood. The list of Pinots is endless! There is one for every taste and budget. And they offer many by the glass.

We ordered the Cioppino with crab. WOW! No shells to deal with, and it is the best I've ever had. The seafood was plentiful, the broth is so good it could definitely stand alone as a soup, and everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned. It arrived at the table steaming hot, and delicious!

Our other entry was a fish special...a Sea Bass that was phenomenal as well! It was somehow crispy on the outside, and perfectly cooked (moist, not overdone...just perfect!) and had a sweet/sour sauce. Really, really good!

Our server told us the blueberry cobbler was not to be missed, but we were so full, we had to come back the next night. She was right! It was incredible! The best cobble either of us has ever had! A nice cinnamon note, lots of berries, and a great ice cream beside.

Cannot wait to get back to Ciopinot. What an impressive meal. And very moderately priced to boot!!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I wrote a review last visit stating that it was the best in SLO. What a disappointment last month, on a Tuesday night. My son had the seafood appetizer again and hardly ate it. Overly salty and to much smoke flavor. I had an Alfredo seafood dish that was salty and too thick. It was a bit disgusting actually. I cook well and this dish was not complicated yet disappointed. The specials were the same as the last time we came. So, not as high on my list anymore. Consistency is tough to find in SLO at the top end

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I am sure this is a fine restaurant, but should not come up under "Mexican/Southwestern", as it is neither.

1  Thank puffinraven
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It is great that a good restaurant finally went in to this convenient and attractive spot. We like the patio best, even on a cool night the covering and heat lamps keep it nice. Even though I am not a big fish fan, I always find something great on the menu. They serve some of the better salads in town.