Los Padres Motel
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$139
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
$85
$154
$139
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$179
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$135
$129
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
$169
$164
$159
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$205
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotwire.com
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$209
All reviewsspace heaterroom was cleanwalk downtownsmall refrigeratortrain stationcarportslotvbakeryfurnituremission
Reviewed September 24, 2013

When we booked a room we thought it looked like a small hotel just nice enough to spend the night on our way to Los Angeles. What we found was a small room, with dirty old carpets and a not very inviting bathroom. To make it worse it's not cheap. I'd definetely not recommend staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lowfi
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Paid $240 for one weekend night, room was not as pictured online, small, dirty, dingy, bathroom was smaller than closet, a real rip-off. Quite a bit further walk to center of downtown, stay away from this place there are much better options on the same street

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MDmindset
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here after cycling down Hwy 1. We just wanted a clean place to stay where we could also easily walk to locations in downtown San Luis Obispo. It was an easy downhill stroll to San Luis Obispo Brewing where we were able to recharge with food and a beer sampling. It would have been fun to stay longer because we saw so many other restaurants we would have liked to try.

The next morning, we woke up and there is a coffee shop/gallery called Steynberg Gallery that was open early on a Sunday morning for wonderful coffee and a breakfast burrito. What a great location for this motel!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This newly taken over motel in San Luis Obispo has an excellent location and is cute and affordable. The staff was very friendly, and I was given a 10% discount when I asked for an AAA rate. The rooms are basic but clean, and a good fan provided a cool breeze. I would recommend this place and will return when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Upper floor room in the back was super quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westcoastgirl075
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I chose this place based on the reviews, location, and price. I expected the room to be cleaner. The bed was fine, shower/bathroom fine, but the carpeted floor and under the bed, behind furniture was dusty and dirty. That put a damper in the general cleanliness to me. The furniture was old and dresser worn and scuffed/peeling heavily. A decorative runner was used to cover the large blemishes...which I guess is ok. One night stay, Monday night, single person, the rate was $59.99. The location is great (close to downtown, but not too close) and service was ok on the phone and in person. Although the clerk was very concerned and insisted on informing me about the "non smoking" aspect of the room. I don't smoke, which I assured that this wouldn't be a problem...maybe they have had issues in the past? I'm skeptical as to why this place was rated so high? Maybe the single queen room (#15) isn't their prime example? I might stay here again if needed, however it wouldn't be my first choice second time around.

• Stayed: March 2013