“Creekside Rooms Have Great Patios” 4 of 5 stars

Peach Tree Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2001 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Nelson, Canada
“Creekside Rooms Have Great Patios”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed for three nights, and enjoyed this motel very much. I will comment only on the creekside rooms - there are not many, but they are larger, more expensive (by $10 for a king, well worth it) and have a much better location. Other rooms looked pretty typical of a motel.

Let me compare it to a La Quinta - we tend to alternate between chains such as that and smaller motels. The room is comparable in quality, perhaps a bit smaller; but it has a quiet refrigerator (no microwave), good quality bathroom, comparable quality furniture. For us, the big bonus was location: far enough from the highway that there is no noise at night (a bit of white noise during the day), and the view from the patio (what La Quinta has that? was of green trees and green hills in the background. The spring air was heavily scent4ed, and the birds were chirping like mad - who cares if it was a bit cool, that's what wool sweaters are for. Finally, the breakfast was much better than I expected - bread, muffins (Costco?), fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, pineapple), good choice of jams and cereals - everything I would get at La Quinta except the waffles. Would have liked some yogurt, but that's just me.

I would stay here again.Any room will do for an overnight, but for a longer stay you really want to be creekside.

Room Tip: Creekside rooms are special, for others you get a reasonably quite location and a good breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarPilot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was just your ordinary motel. Nothing special. The real problem I had was that I was quoted one price and then when my credit card bill came I had been charged $30 more. I called a number of times to get this taken care of and was either told to call back and speak to a manager, or had them take my name and number so a manager could call me back (never happened). When I did finally speak to a manager they told me they would issue me a refund to my card. Still didn't happen. It has been over a month now I have been trying to get this resolved. I can't believe they would go to such lengths to steal $30 from me. I should have just disputed the charge and not paid them anything, but I believed it was a simple mistake and they would take care of it. I was wrong. Don't take the change on being ripped off. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrea H
Encinitas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We've been coming to Peachtree for years. It is convienient off the 101, good prices, great staff & excellent breakfast. Peachtree is a former 'Motor Lodge' with the paper towel dispenser still on the wall next to your room. The difference in the Peachtree is it is a larger property with the best rooms down below which have patios out back with refrigerators & microwaves. Definately a unique property and prices reflect which rooms you choose. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, homemade oatmeal, huge muffins, good breads & the usual cereals, etc. all served in a nice breakfast room next to the office. It is a bit far from town, maybe a mile or so, but we love it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristin55
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed for one night as part of a border to border road trip. We arrived in SLO quite late due to bad weather on the PCH and were tired at check in. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and commiserated that we had missed the Thursday night market. He did recommend a great place for dinner.
The room was a typical motel room, but clean and comfortable. We were only staying one night and had a small room at the front. We were not troubled by noise either from the road or other guests.
Breakfast was a cut above what we had experienced at other motels, and again the staff were very friendly, chatting to us about the area and enjoying my confusion over American Football!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scossy
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very good breakfast in a spacious breakfast room with a patio overlooking the nicely landscaped grounds. Exceptional customer service from Claire and the Owners. Overall a very pleasant stay in a convenient location, we would definitely choose Peach Tree in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sansimeon
Poole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Typical US chalet roomed motel but clean, courteous service, well appointed fittings like flat screen TVs and BluRay players. A simple but very nice breakfast. Lower level rooms would be further from the road but we slept peacefully on the road frontage. I'd recommend it for a no frills overnight stop. Not in the centre of town.

Room Tip: Down the ramp to the rooms at the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank TatsfieldPoole
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I spent a week at this motel, and really enjoyed my stay. I requested a smaller room in front because I didn't need one of the larger rooms in back. I had no problem with street noise as some other reviewers have mentioned. There just isn't that much traffic on that street in this part of town.

The staff was very friendly when I checked in, and every morning in the breakfast area. The motel and the staff create a family-owned atmosphere.

The breakfasts included the basic items, but I thought the food quality was much better than at other motels. Breakfast was served in a very pleasant room with large tables and newspapers on each table. My room was clean, although somewhat small, but again, that was my choice. I was doing business during the day and not living in the room except in the evening. Since the building is only one floor high, no one was stomping on the floor above me, and I could park my car right in front of my door.

This is an excellent place to stay, especially for the rates charged. The next time I am in San Luis (which is once or twice a year), I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If all you want is a clean place to sleep, the smaller rooms in from are fine. Mine had a 40"...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business